my paypal account permanently limited never had one problem in 13 years

bigdan1950
New Community Member

the other day I went to pay for something on Ebay and tried to log in my PayPal to pay it wouldn't work. then I check my email and it says my account has been limited . I was suspicious of the email thinking it could be a scam email i delete it and I go to PayPal.com and login my account I got a message saying my account has been limited . I call PayPal and ask them what's going on with my account . did I do something wrong ? they can't give me an answer and still haven't . I been calling and trying to get my account back for 2 weeks now .I have talked to many agents,  two of the agents said it looked like an error , one agent said nothing looked out of the ordinary . I call back today to see if there anything new and hopefully I could get my account back she says no they made a final decision and my account will be perminantly limited . its sad how PayPal treated me a member of 13 years never had one problem with them or owed them money . they never gave me a warning about anything just cut me off like that . I feel PayPal is in the wrong  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bigdan1950 

Open a complaint at bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to reach out to PayPal executive escalations office to request a deeper account review. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Subsassaree
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, yeah they did the exact same thing to me too. I got no warning or anything. I just looked at my emails one morning and had that email. I too thought it was a scam until I logged into PayPal and seen the limited message from them, member for 7 years and I have had no disputes or chargebacks. I asked for the reason, I got "we cant due to security protocol" and it ended with "we wish you luck finding another payment processor" so if that doesn't tell you they don't care I don't know what does.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.