money

armando16
Contributor
Contributor

i recently made a purchase online paid $38 dollars and some change . i wanted to cancel it because i felt that it was a scam . so i made a claim to paypal that it was an unauthorized use of debit card . it was determined no wrong doing my mistake on claim. it turns out that the tracking number may have been fake tracking # of this package i purchase and it was delivered. thats what i read on there website. now i cannot reopen the with paypal to get my money refund. my mistake what can i do about it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@armando16 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.