milica [removed] or [removed]

Kylc
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone had any dealings with this person? Attempted to by a wedding dress I was selling on Facebook, immediately sends funds to me without asking any questions about the Wedding Dress but addresses given for delivery aren't residential addresses and some don’t show as valid addresses at all on post office website. I was given 3 addresses in total, all in Milton [removed]. After being put under pressure to send the parcel I’ve cancelled due to my concerns. My question is, if they’ve sent the money to PayPal how can they scam me from there? I’m confused at how this can be done although certain this person isn’t genuine.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kylc 

Never send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account balance, even if pending they will show in your balance.

As for any disputes/claims risks are dependent on the many factors all listed in Paypals seller protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kylc
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, I had received the funds (of course would never have sent without) but the person receiving was clearly scamming in some way - I’m just not quite sure how. I asked her to provide me some proof that she lives in the uk and that she was a genuine person and I cancelled the PayPal invoice. She didn’t reply at all - a genuine person would have been gutted to lose the dress and I’m sure would have gotten back in touch. There was pressure being put on me to send the dress to addresses that weren’t showing on royal mails website (they were industrial estates) and it just didn’t feel right. Just wanted to know in what way could she have scammed me had I sent the dress if she’s sent money to PayPal and I could see this pending on my PayPal account?! So confused! Heard nothing from her since.
Login to Me Too

Chelseabaldwin1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I'm having the exact same experience with them, same addresses, also selling a wedding dress and no questions asked... should I cancel the order? I'm panicking!
Login to Me Too

Kylc
Contributor
Contributor
I would cancel the order if you don’t feel comfortable with who you’re sending to. I’d say if something doesn’t add up then it’s not right. For example paying £700 for a wedding dress having asked no questions about it and providing 3 different delivery addresses. What’s the name of the person you’re selling to? Is this via Facebook market place?
Login to Me Too

Chelseabaldwin1
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah via Facebook marketplace. Also selling for £700 and name is Milica. Cancelled the request before it went too far.
Login to Me Too

Kylc
Contributor
Contributor
I think that’s the smart thing to do… again I can’t understand how this person is planning on scamming but it just doesn’t feel right. I don’t know if there’s a way for them to obtain the dress and withhold the funds?! Or to be able to say they’ve not received it and claim their money back even when the item is sent?!
Login to Me Too

Jessicaproc1992
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

This has JUST happened to me and I have stupidly already sent the dress. I am currently on the phone to parcel force and the police to try and get this rectified ASAP - it was all so legit to start with, what a horrible person. This is my sisters wedding dress as well. 

Login to Me Too

Chelseabaldwin1
Contributor
Contributor
Oh no!!! Let us know how you get on!
Login to Me Too

Kylc
Contributor
Contributor
Oh no! I’m so sorry this has happened to you. Have they sent the funds to your PayPal? Is there a possibility you will receive the funds and essentially have sold the dress? Let us know the outcome. I have since checked my Facebook messages and the Milica account has either been deleted or I’ve been blocked. Still unsure what their game is.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.