<removed> routing to fraud companies

Meeker128
Contributor
Contributor

I have called the PayPal Credit customer service number[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]four times this month. Twice I have been routed to other people who are committing fraud. I didn't know phone calls could be intercepted this way and fell for a scam the first time. I have checked the history on my phone and it was definitely the same number I called each time. I have Google Fi.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Meeker128
Contributor
Contributor
It was ABSOLUTELY the correct number. I called it 4 times and got to customer service twice. I got the number while I was LOGGED IN to PayPal! I did not Google an incorrect number.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Meeker128 

It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number inserted into google search and pretending to be paypal customer services.
That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the real paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages.

OR via help top of paypal pages.
The scammers will always try to get you to buy vouchers or ask for sensitive financial account information which Paypal customer services would never do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Meeker128
Contributor
Contributor
It was ABSOLUTELY the correct number. I called it 4 times and got to customer service twice. I got the number while I was LOGGED IN to PayPal! I did not Google an incorrect number.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.