New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I lost my phone and had to get a new number. Because of two-factor authentication, I can't log in. It's very hard to request help without logging in! I had to create a new account with a different email address just to post this message to the community.
It's good that PayPal is not forcing their employees to come to the office to answer the customer support lines, but can't they have at least SOME staff working from home to assist us??
I DM'd AskPayPal on Twitter to say that I can't log in and they sent me an automatic response urging me to log in to request help on PayPal.com. This is hell. If anyone has any advice, I would be grateful.
Thanks for the suggestion to create a new PayPal account. It does not solve my problem, since I still can't access money sent to my old account.
Having the same problem ,Im trying to login to my old account , so I clicked forgot password, theres 2 options to send by phone or email , so I chose email, typed in code and then now its asking for me to also verify by mobile , which is my old mobile number ... not sure how to bypass it.
Yes, but not in a way that allows me to give helpful advice. I eventually received a replacement to my original phone and was able to recapture the phone number, allowing me to sign into my original PayPal account.
WHY IS PAYPAL NOT HELPING US???? I dont have the old phone number what the hell!!! What should i do?? the phone is gone but i know my passwords and everything!! This is outrageous !!! Shame on you paypal!!!
Not sure its paypal fault that you didn't read the message that has been on all paypal accounts for months telling you to update your mobile.
Or why you would not keep contact information up to date on a legal financial account anyway???
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.