is 163.com address a scam?

barbc49
Contributor
Contributor
  • Last week I placed an order and paid using PayPal, the order never returned to the order page to complete the transaction. The address on the resulting invoice ends in <removed>. Have emailed the seller several times, no response.  I am concerned that this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
191 REPLIES 191

CapStar362
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE to my case: sorry, i totally forgot to update this.

Thankfully i caught this problem and was able to contact PP CS and they sent me to a recovery expert, who had a database admin revert my account to 72 hours prior to the event.  turns out, i lost nothing.  just a profile picture 😛   All my settings, history, accounts, names, contacts..... restored.

I was very upset, but that person very quickly fixed it over a 3.5 hour phone call.  luckily i had emails and verification processes at my finger tips. 

SideNote: my 2 cats got a ton of extra lovings and treats, as they are the ones that woke me up and alerted me to all of this.  Had i not woken up, picked up my phone to see the time and see the 14 emails i got from paypal stating all kinds of changes were made, it would have been a very long and aggravating day for me. 

But I do still stand on my opinion, .163 accounts need to be outright banned. 

Login to Me Too

hussinb
New Community Member

I just got scammed by them also.  I Placed an order for a barbecue grill and received an order confirmation.  I got suspicious because of the incredible price and decided to check them out.  When I tried to follow the link to my order details on the confirmation email, I received an error message.  The same thing happened when I tried to follow the link to the store and also when I tried to send an email to the address on my order confirmation.  I filed a dispute with my credit card and they refunded the money, so I'm not out anything.  I decided to file a dispute with PayPal to shut this scammer down because that is where the payment was sent.  PayPal reviewed my dispute and ruled against me.  They said that the seller sent them a US Postal Service delivery confirmation and basically accused me of lying.  Fortunately, they also sent me a copy of the USPS tracking number so I could do some detective work on my own. I looked at the confirmation on the USPS website and it said that my order, a barbecue grill, was delivered and left in or near my mailbox, which it wasn't.  I did some checking with USPS and they said that a package with my name was delivered, only weighed 10 ounces and was not delivered to my address.  I contacted PayPal again and told them what was going on and they said the only way they would proceed is if I get a "Intranet Form" from the Post Office indicating that the package was not delivered to my address.  They would not accept the transcript of my text messaging with the Post Office.  The name on the PayPal merchant account was Robert [removed], but the email address for the account was completely different.  Last time I ever order anything from a Facebook vendor.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.