is 163.com address a scam?

barbc49
Contributor
Contributor
  • Last week I placed an order and paid using PayPal, the order never returned to the order page to complete the transaction. The address on the resulting invoice ends in <removed>. Have emailed the seller several times, no response.  I am concerned that this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
191 REPLIES 191

Mr_Dg
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I'm gonna attempt to dispute it with my bank.
Login to Me Too

knightsga
Contributor
Contributor
A total scam. I lost $180 to the hacker. They sent a trinket and when I filed complaint with PayPal, the hacker gave them the trinket’s tracking number. Since they told PayPal “item” was delivered, my complaint was dismissed and case closed. 163.com had not responded to any emails. Why PayPal even allows them to sell is beyond me. I thought PayPal was creditable enough to pay through them, but I was mistaken on this. I am now very cautious about dealings with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Dena1313
Contributor
Contributor

Contact PayPal again.  I received my fraudulent pice of garbage item but PayPal gave me a full refund yesterday. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525GM
Contributor
Contributor

I guess they must have so many complaints by now it is just automatic! When I had mine (twice) it took months! I was told by PP I would be suspended if I disputed it with my credit card. IDK just played the PP out till I received my refund.

Login to Me Too

The same thing happened to me a month and a half ago 113 dollars and change lost and they had a usps tracking number and everything they said it

was delivered to my mailbox but what I bought would not have fit in my box do no even think of doing business with these people and

PayPal as worthless not using PayPal again they can go straight to you know where

Login to Me Too

WyattsNanny
All you have to do is screenshot the item that you originally purchased from the email that you were sent with the tracking number then take a picture of the package you got with the tracking number put those in a collage and circle on that's what I done and made sure I sent numerous pictures of the item that I did receive and screenshots of what I had originally purchased I have no problem getting my money back from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

WyattsNanny
Same happened to me I'll save my emails from the company with the tracking number and the garbage they sent me had the same tracking number so I put both pictures in a collage and circle the tracking numbers to pictures of the item that was sent and screenshot the item that I had originally purchased no problem PayPal refunded within days you got to have the proper proof.
Login to Me Too

I had the same issue with the same exact result from PayPal. I plan to address the issue with my bank directly. I also reported the counterfeit site to the cloned manufacturer. I don't know that it will help. Its just frustrating being left stuck holding the bill with no goods and PayPal literally endorsing the scam of money, even when its been reported.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525GL
Contributor
Contributor

same thing with me, they sent paypal a tracking number that shows something being delivered USPS to a community mailbox.  the package was huge and heavy and would never fit in it.  

Login to Me Too

louisemp

I guess I am one of the lucky ones- I did receive the merchandize I purchased from this company although the box was completely beat up and it was nothing like advertised.  I rarely use pay pal as I find them impossible to work with.  A credit card would list this dispute and investigate the vendor, however Paypal does nothing.  I will never use pay pal again.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.