is 163.com address a scam?

barbc49
Contributor
Contributor
  • Last week I placed an order and paid using PayPal, the order never returned to the order page to complete the transaction. The address on the resulting invoice ends in <removed>. Have emailed the seller several times, no response.  I am concerned that this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
191 REPLIES 191

Rg53
Contributor
Contributor
So I have the tracking number they provided. I’m going to call my credit card too and say fraud. What evidence did you get? Don’t they have the IP addres wtc
Login to Me Too

traveltek1
I ordered a 75" HISENSE ROKU TV for $99.00 ( for which there was supposed to be FREE (no) Shipping &amp; Handling, Tax, or other fees applied. I DID NOT use PayPal due to the fact that I did not have a PayPal account, so I used my Bluebird American Express account to purchase the item directly on my card. Some how the seller received $113.85 charged to my card from PayPal. PayPal sent me a confirmation email showing a PayPal Transaction ID with sellers info, which did not correspond to the website from which I ordered the TV. Email Invoice (described as received on October 31, 2021) from Paypal had heading of "Details about you shipment", PayPal "Transaction ID : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "(Chinese alphabet) added shipping details. Please note that the tracking information and shipping status are shown exactly as the seller entered them ", "Shipper Tracking Number: No Shipment Tracking", "Shipping status: Shipped", "If you have any questions about the shipment, please contact *********************", "Seller" (bold print): ("chinese alphabet") (first line), (second line) "****************, (third line continuation of email address) "********", "Shipping address" (bold print), (2 spaces down) "(My full shipping address)", "Description" (bold print): "Alltheitemsinyourshoppingbasket(seedetailsinthestoreandonyourstorerecipt). Item # ("******************"), "Unit Price" (bold print): "$99.00 USD", "Qty" (bold print): "1", "Amount" (bold print) "99:00 USD", "Subtotal" ( bold print): "$99.00 USD", "Shipping and handling" (non bold print): "$0.00 USD", "Insurance" (non bold print): "$0.00 USD", "Tax" ( non bold print): "$0.00 USD", "Total" (bold print) : "113.85 USD" ("Not sure where the additional $14.85 charge comes from, as no additional fees are listed!"), "Payment" (bold print): "113.85 USD" . As of today I have not received any type of correspondences from the seller("After many attempts by me to contact them by their Email listing. Plus the company's website no longer exists!!"), any additional correspondences from PayPal, and have not received any items from the company despite them already receiving payment from PayPal (stealing my money after my credit card was charged by PayPal ("For which I still do not have an account with PayPal!!!")!! $113.85 does not sound like much to lose to many people, but when you are a Wartime Disabled Veteran who can not work, and am on a very limited income, $113.85 makes for a serious loss to pay bills with!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi traveltek1, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

We are sorry to hear this has happened. As you mentioned you do not have a PayPal account, and this transaction was completed using your card, please contact your card issuer directly. They will be able to dispute the transaction as a Chargeback, and assist you in receiving a refund. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

benalexe
Contributor
Contributor
As I suspected. Pay pal rejected my dispute. The. Seller did provide a tracking number but nothing was delivered to me. How can I dispute the dispute. What other recourse do I have here?
Login to Me Too

VeeRay
Contributor
Contributor

I do not know.  I also got a tracking number, but the address was incomplete, and the delivery impossible.  I find this entire thing Sus, and so am going to return the favor paypal did by limiting my account.  I'll not use the service again, until this is resolved to my satisfaction.  I ordered, almost payed, and got nothing but a claim that they sent a package, by mail, to some address near where I lived, and from a local address, which was not related to the seller, in any way.  
163 Mail is the largest mail provider in China. 163 Mail provide mail domains including 163.com, 126.com, yeah.net, vip.163.com, vip.126.com, 188.com.

Login to Me Too

isstay
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed too on 9/10. Pay for an item through PayPal and end up on completely different web page. I never receive order number or conformation for the account I have to create on first web site. I took screen shots, opened a case online for fraudulent charges and started online chat were I uploaded the screenshots. Later on, I called and talked to a representative and they told me that they are activating buyers protection for this transaction and opening another case asking the seller for tracking number. Both cases were closed, first one, because I authorized the transaction and second one, after they provided USPS tracking number. I checked the tracking and the package was delivered 2 days before they submitted the info to me and PayPal. I went to the post office and filed and inquiry for missing mail because this is then only way they will give you something in writing that this parcel was not sent to you, or your address, I also asked about the weight of the package (what I ordered supposed to be over 20 pounds). After I got back I called PayPal and ask them to reopen the case related to the shipping and I also told them that I have case opened with USPS and I am waiting on information proving that this tracking is associated with different address and person and they refunded the money even w/o providing this info, not sure if this is because of the buyers protection they activated. Girl on the phone also told me that the seller in my case has lots of complains against and they will be suspending his account, not sure how much this is true.

Login to Me Too

MrsShae52
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone this is a must read for everyone that has been scammed. How the scam worked, I ordered a swing set that was over 900lbs. I paid $99. The so called company sends me a cute little reversible stuffed toy. I had no clue where it came from or why was it sent to me but ok. Later on I'm checking on the shipment of my order which was now saying it was shipped. I was emailed a tracking number, after researching, the shipping information says the package was delivered to my mailbox. I explained the item I ordered was over 900lbs, there is no way that would fit in my mailbox. The item the company sent was that cute little stuffed toy in place for the swing set, that was the scam. They then show proof that it was delivered by providing a tracking number. So in reality, they do send you something but its not the item you order.

I then contacted UPS who provided me with a proof of delivery. Like almost all of you, the proof of delivery was not my address but an address in my area. It also stated that it was delivered to my mailbox. Again no way possible that a 900lb swing set can fit in my mailbox. I contacted PayPal who first declined my claim stating they do have a proof of delivery. I then provided proof of delivery which clearly was not my address, and showed that my original order was for a swing set and not some stuffed toy. PayPal then issued me a refund.

I advise everyone please, please, please do not give up. Get your proof of delivery and send to PayPal. If your claim is declined, do not get discouraged request your case is reopened and show them what your original order was for by providing them a copy of the email confirmation of your order. Show the money coming out of your account and then show them the proof of delivery. Again do not give up until you receive your refund.

Login to Me Too

Rg53
Contributor
Contributor
How do u get your money back
Login to Me Too

KDay00
Contributor
Contributor
If you used a debit or credit card for PayPal to charge call the issuing bank. Explain you followed PayPal’s procedures with no luck. ASK THEM TO DO A CHARGEBACK. Visa, MC, Amex and most big cc issuers will give money back under their own fraud guarantees. I’ve used it on more than one occasion. Not against PayPal personally but it does work for some people. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Harry587
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it is, I ordered a 4 stroke engine kit that I had seen advertised and after 2-3 months what turned up was a lump of coloured plastic with different colours of paint added to it by, my guess is; a 1year old baby.  Nothing in or on it moves, unlike the one shown in their advert where they show a chain being fitted and all of the movable bits moving. I contacted them and complained and sent them a picture of what I received.  The silence was deafening then I got a reply from them stating they would give me $10 off the price but it would take over 10 days for this to happen.  Since then I've  heard nothing.  This lump of plastic is so bad I would not even consider giving it to a charity shop.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.