incorrect item-Scam suspected

Tamutc12
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a wig and the company sent a wig that was not anything like the one advertised. When I contacted them about it, they wanted to offer me a $9 refund for a wig that cost me $48. I informed them that I wanted a full refund because the wig was nothing like the one I ordered and it was their mistake and false advertisement. They offered a full refund if I returned the horrible wig knowing that the postage would be $20-25. Which would mean it was costing me. I feel that they should pay for the return postage and give me my full refund. I escalated my claim with Pay Pal. The resolution was the same that I had already refused from the company! Pay the postage to return the wig. The postage costing more than half of what the wig cost! Ridiculous! These companies do this because they know that no one is going to pay that kind of postage to return the item. I am disgusted that Pay Pal did fell for this and did not demand they pay postage and give me my refund. I will be reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tamutc12 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.