if a dispute is open does the other person get notified

Teenyluvkins
Contributor
Contributor
Ok this might be a stupid or an obvious question but I'd rather be safe than sorry. So I bought a few autographed books from an author in July and I paid them through Paypal. The books were shipped supposedly in August but the author never gave a tracking number nor can they provide a receipt of the shipping. It's now mid-October and I haven't received anything. The shipping was withing EU so I should have gotten them by now. I want to open a dispute to get my money back BUT will the author be notified of my dispute or will it only go through PayPal. I don't want to start something with the author that might result in bad blood. So does anyone know if in a dispute the author will be notified?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teenyluvkins 

If you file a claim for non receipt of item then yes the seller is informed.

They have to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teenyluvkins 

If you file a claim for non receipt of item then yes the seller is informed.

They have to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Teenyluvkins
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlasssince I already contacted them and they don't remember if they shipped with tracking or not and they can't find a receipt I'm sure they can't provide trackable proof, but since the point of my question was whether they;ll be notified then I guess I won't go the dispute route but wait for them to send another package or whatever they choose to do.

thank you for the info

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.