how do i verify my account? it isnt letting me. am i doing something wrong?

Chukii

ive seen a few people ask this, i tried doing what they suggested, and one included this link that i have to fill up so i could get my acc verified. but whenever i click on it it just takes me back to my acc page in settings. please help :'D

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

apamelaiscool
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t see a link in your response. It might nit be allowed, I’m not sure. If you’re asking what I think you are. Is it asking for bank details? Or, however you’re planning to fund your purchases? After you enter your financial info PayPal will send a few random deposits to your account. (Small, like less than $1.) They’ll withdraw them a day or so later. This is how they verify your account works to send and receive money. Once they’ve done that you’ll be good to go. Does this help?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

apamelaiscool
Contributor
Contributor
Are you using the app or the website?
Login to Me Too

Chukii

im using the website rn

Login to Me Too

apamelaiscool
Contributor
Contributor
Okay. You need to go to “my PayPal settings.” On the website it’s in the upper right hand corner where your picture icon is located. (I have no idea where mine came from or why it’s so horrifying. Lol). Go update your email, as if you were going to change it, double check to make sure it’s correct. Then click “confirm email”. This will send you an email. Open that email abs it should say some thing like “to verify your email, click here” and the word ‘here’ will be blue with a line underneath it. Alternatively it might have a blue square that says ‘verify.’ Click that link abs it should take you to PayPal with a message saying thank you for verifying your email. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

Chukii

Ah, ive already verified my email, apologies for not providing clear context but this is sorta the thing im having an issue wth rn ^^'Screenshot 2021-08-17 143401.png

thats the link that keeps taking me back to my acc page in settings.

Login to Me Too
Solved

apamelaiscool
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t see a link in your response. It might nit be allowed, I’m not sure. If you’re asking what I think you are. Is it asking for bank details? Or, however you’re planning to fund your purchases? After you enter your financial info PayPal will send a few random deposits to your account. (Small, like less than $1.) They’ll withdraw them a day or so later. This is how they verify your account works to send and receive money. Once they’ve done that you’ll be good to go. Does this help?
Login to Me Too

apamelaiscool
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, the screenshot loaded after I sent my reply. I think this is what you’re looking for though.
Login to Me Too

Chukii

ah- ive entered my bank acc information, does it send a message that lets me know if my acc is good? 
either way, i just created an acc yesterday anyway, i was hoping to know how i could send in my personal documents to be verified, but if what you said was the case then i think i could manage. thank you for that!

Login to Me Too

apamelaiscool
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I got busy. It doesn’t send any notifications and if you don’t regularly check your bank account you might not even notice it. I started my PayPal and used it right away on an eBay purchase so I think you can use it right away but it may take being verified to accept payments from others. Also, I started my PayPal in 2015 so things may have changed since then as far as being able to use it right away. Glad we got it sorted though. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.