help with dispute and privacy

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

i closed a dispute can the seller still see the dispute details? i dont really want them to have my address forever

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Anonymous_User. Thanks for taking the time to add your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum.

PayPal understands customers' concerns about privacy, but there is some information we have to provide to sellers. PayPal has to provide a buyer's name and mailing address to sellers so they can ship an item. If a transaction indicates a service or intangible item has been purchased then no mailing address is included.

However, the information PayPal provides to a seller is not changed or expanded when a dispute is submitted. The information we provide to a seller also is not removed when a dispute is closed.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding on this. Please log on to your PayPal account and click Privacy at the bottom of any page to see more information on how PayPal handles customers' information.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Anonymous_User. Thanks for taking the time to add your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum.

PayPal understands customers' concerns about privacy, but there is some information we have to provide to sellers. PayPal has to provide a buyer's name and mailing address to sellers so they can ship an item. If a transaction indicates a service or intangible item has been purchased then no mailing address is included.

However, the information PayPal provides to a seller is not changed or expanded when a dispute is submitted. The information we provide to a seller also is not removed when a dispute is closed.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding on this. Please log on to your PayPal account and click Privacy at the bottom of any page to see more information on how PayPal handles customers' information.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.