Uber BV Payments What are they?!

beansvicki
New Community Member

I've had a payment taken today for Uber BV. I've never used Uber so i have No idea what this is for. I raised a dispute but its been closed straight away stating it's not an unauthorised transaction. When i looked further it appears this is the 4th payment!! Doea anyone have any idea what Uber BV, what I'm paying for and who i need to speak to? TIA

Login to Me Too
82 REPLIES 82

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Merrill75 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Merrill75
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, it said I did but I’ve never made an agreement with Uber and when I looked in my Uber account there was nothing. In my PayPal account there was a charge for $85 that then got refunded. And then two charges that added up to around $85. I disputed it and PayPal said they determined I had an agreement with Uber and it wasn’t fraudulent 😡 Wtf. What kind of agreement would I even have with Uber?
Login to Me Too

Customer111
What agreement? I’m having the same issue!
Login to Me Too

DjSaporetti
Contributor
Contributor
They simply close case and nothing further.
Login to Me Too

zefkid
i got the exact same response and they also said the agreement was made in 2019. what is this? why are PayPal letting Uber rip people off
Login to Me Too

KimberleyN
New Community Member
Uber BV is a payment to Uber eats or one of Ubers other services, check your accounts on there to check if you’ve got any purchases matching the amount, and if not call paypal and ask them to reopen the case, explaining to them that you do not have purchases with uber
Login to Me Too

Cp123456
Contributor
Contributor

So I saw this on my account when I was working away on a ship without internet so it was impossible to be me. I contested it online in disputes selection which gets you nowhere. Ring up and dispute it over the phone and I feel it is taken more seriously. Mine is being contested right now. Also cancel the standing order that will be linked to the uber Bv account.

Login to Me Too

DjSaporetti
Contributor
Contributor
No idea how to solve this for myself either. I have had 10 but I don't receive notification emails so I wasn't aware until I logged not pay pal which I don't use often.
Login to Me Too

Kantrëlax
New Community Member
it’s a subscription for uber one. on my app i didn’t see an option to cancel myself so i contacted support and they did it.
Login to Me Too

badio93
Contributor
Contributor

This solved my issue. Uber One is not clearly visible once activated (also the activations itself has been probably very unaware). Thank you @Kantrëlax 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.