fake or real

rhani
Contributor
Contributor
i have my phone for sale on face book, someone wanted to purchase through paypal so i gave my name and email, she then asked me to check my emails for conformation which i did, there was an email from paypal saying i had been paid but i needed to send item and put proof i had sent then money will release, i checked my PayPal but no money pending, she said it would not show up until i posted, is this correct or a scam as im pretty sure pending payment would still show just not release until you send proof of postage
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @rhani

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the concern that your recent payment has caused. I can confirm that you are correct. As soon as you receive a payment, the payment will show in your PayPal account, even if it's placed on a payment hold. Please do not ship any items or provide a service unless you can see the money in your PayPal account. You can learn more about how to spot and report a fake PayPal email on our Help Center here: How do I spot and report a fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails? I also recommend reviewing this article for more information on common scams: What are common scams and how do I spot them?

I hope this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.