sandgoanne
Contributor
Contributor
Some poor buggers don’t get refunds. Bit of a shame for PayPal
Login to Me Too

EB454
Contributor
Contributor
I reported my scam mid March - ordered what appeared to be a lovely sun dress in cotton/ linen to be sent the most awful cheap polyester dress that had no resemblance to what was advertised. Unfortunately the sun dress I ordered, is no longer advertised but I sent Pay Pal a similar photo of the advertised dress and a photograph of what I received - the photographs resulted in a positive result and monies refunded to myself. Please take note- take a photograph of the item ordered and a photo of what one receives - Pay Pal will surely cease working alongside these Companies - because there are several of them on Facebook.
Login to Me Too

Regdog69
Contributor
Contributor
This business is unethical. Their system “accidentally” overcharged on CA taxes and additional charges were not disclosed at checkout. I tried to cancel the order and they refuse. Must now go through my charge card. Avoid this business.
Login to Me Too

EB454
Contributor
Contributor
Concur with all comments. They should not be able to advertise on face Book. I gave them the benefit of doubt - when my order was finalised, they added another sum of money to the final amount. I emailed them immediately and request the order be cancelled. Had a reply - asking why - to be told that it was an error and that they would reimburse the monies to my account. Which they did. When I eventually received the parcel which I thought were to be two pretty sun dresses - cotton/linen - I was shocked to receive creased polyester dresses that had no resemblance to what I thought I had ordered. I emailed the company and realised immediately they were not legit- grammar was poor , but they offered me half price refund, but had to incur the cost of returning the items somewhere in China. There must be a way of controlling/monitoring how they advertise on Facebook , furthermore Pay Pal should act and refuse all contact with them . They are advertising their products under so many aliases, it’s worrying and upsetting that they can be so deceitful in their business.
Login to Me Too

debbob1
Contributor
Contributor

Ethhti Co Ltd are scammers enabled by PayPal.  I placed order and received a tracking number which showed the package travelling around China for several weeks, then to New Zealand.  Stopped at a town 700km from delivery address.  Contacted Ethhti which always responded promptly to emails.  Asked for refund but they offered to send product again and also offered $5.00 credit.  Further tracking advice showed package moving around NE USA States for several weeks, then to New Zealand, eventually arriving at the same town 700km away from correct destination.  By now it was 6 months since initial payment and order.  Can't get any response from emails.  Bank won't help as over 6 months.  PayPal won't help as policy doesn't allow.  PayPal have lots of complaints about this seller and continue to allow them to trade through their Company.  Therefore they are complicit in the fraud and should recompense me.

Login to Me Too

sandgoanne
Contributor
Contributor
Amazingly, my case ended in my favour after being told it wouldn’t. I said I was going to.go public with everything that’s happening. Maybe time for a class action…
Login to Me Too

Crispomeroy
Contributor
Contributor
They are scammers and paypal needs to stop supporting that company
Login to Me Too

debbob1
Contributor
Contributor

It pays to be persistent with PayPal.  I was strung along by Ethhti Co Ltd until it was 6 months after my payment.  My bank and PayPal then didn't want to know.  I put it to PayPal that Ethhti knew their policy and once 6 months had passed, their previous good communications ceased entirely.  This is part of their scam.PayPal have now agreed to credit the payment to my PayPal wallet which I am grateful for.  It has taken ages to resolve, but all good now.

Login to Me Too

sandgoanne
Contributor
Contributor
A great result! The same story for me. I’m still unsure why PayPal is allowing this company to scam their customers. Seems to be with the blessing on PayPal. I hope more people are able to receive a refund.
Login to Me Too

upset12
Contributor
Contributor

I just don't have the energy to continue to fight this.  While the whole situation makes me extremely angry, I'm going to have to take my lumps and life lessons (don't order from sellers I don't know and don't use Paypal for online purchases) and find a way to let go.  😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.