eligible for buyer protection?

yoadbd
Contributor
Contributor

hello, im going to buy sterling silver rings through a paypal invoice.
the invoice is well described (quantities and and well-written description)

i looked on the buyer protection policy: https://www.paypal.com/il/webapps/mpp/ua/buyer-protection

everything seemed to be allright, i just want to make sure 2 things:

1. an invoice should be eligible for buyer protection?

2. there is a section for ineligibility that says: "

• Item Not Received claims for physical, tangible items you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf. This includes items bought in a seller’s point of sale location, except if you paid for the transaction in-person using PayPal’s goods and services QR code, where available."
    at the end im probably going to pick it up from the post office, is it still eligible?
  • thank you!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @yoadbd,

Sorry for the confusion! An invoice is a way of billing the customers! Yes! Payments paid through invoices are covered under PayPal protection policy if certain requirements are met. Payments paid as Friends and Family payments are not covered under PayPal protection policy. PayPal Buyer Protection covers all eligible PayPal transactions. To learn more about this policy, please reference the PayPal User Agreement.

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @yoadbd

Welcome! Thanks for visiting our Community Forum! These are great questions, I can understand how our Purchase Protection can be a bit confusing. In short, yes, both of those scenarios should be covered by Purchase Protection. An invoice is normally sent to you as Friends and Family transaction, so it will be eligible for our Purchase Protection. If a Money Request is sent from a Personal account to another Personal PayPal account, that has the option to send as Friend's and Family without protection. 

The line item regarding picking up in person or having some arrange it on your behalf mainly references items you pick up directly from the merchant, not something you'd have shipped to you and then you pickup at a post office.

I hope that clears things up!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

yoadbd
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply! I was wondering about what you said about friend's and family's? What do you mean exactly?
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @yoadbd,

Sorry for the confusion! An invoice is a way of billing the customers! Yes! Payments paid through invoices are covered under PayPal protection policy if certain requirements are met. Payments paid as Friends and Family payments are not covered under PayPal protection policy. PayPal Buyer Protection covers all eligible PayPal transactions. To learn more about this policy, please reference the PayPal User Agreement.

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.