eBay seller fake tracking number

Twaquan
Contributor
Contributor
So, like an idiot I ordered a computer from a seller on eBay. He was a new seller, but eBay and PayPal assured me I’d be protected with buyer protection. Well, item never arrived. The scammer provided a UPS tracking number that is connected to a different address in my hometown (actually a church). I’m actually close friends with the the UPS Driver (only one who delivers to my town) and my neighbor is a deacon at the church. Both UPS and the church can both verify the tracking number was not my order. I have documentation proving that to be the case, but eBay and PayEnemy have both sided with the seller. Shocker, I know…. I’m going to call the BBB and speak with an attorney on the matter Also, the order was purchased using PayPal credit. If they honestly think I’m going to pay for an item I never received, they are mistaken. I will not pay one red cent. If it ruins my credit, so be it. I’m never ordering from eBay or using PayEnemy again
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Twaquan 

Call customer service and let them know the tracking number is fake. If you can get documentation from UPS that for said tracking number your said address is not the shipping/delivery address on record with a phone number for PayPal to call to verify, that could help your case! File and throw in a ic3.gov report too! The cases are decided by automation. If A, then B. You’ll need someone to review the case again.

1. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us     
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.     
  3. Click Disputes.    
  4. Click Dispute a payment.    
  5. Click Message Us or Call Us after “This information might help” box.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Twaquan
Contributor
Contributor
I’ll call them today. Why are the cases decided by automation??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.