does accepting a partial refund closes the dispute?

uoser
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have bought an item from a seller, and a wrong item was send to me. Had opened a dispute with the seller, and we have come to a conclusion that he will refund half the amount to me first, and upon receiving the item on his end, he will refund the rest of the amount with the shipping fees.

The seller has partial refund offer as of now. First time facing partial refund situation, can I check that upon accepting the partial refund in the dispute, will the case be closed by paypal? I would like to keep it open till the seller receive the item and i receive the full refund amount. 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uoser 

If you accept and the dispute closes then the seller can ignore any further refund requests, i would ask for a full refund and if not escalate to a claim BUT bear in mind you also risk paypal not finding in your favour so you're call really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

uoser
Contributor
Contributor
my question is that, does paypal automatically close the dispute when i accept the partial refund ?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @uoser

Great question and thanks to @kernowlass for stepping in to help out. 

Yes, accepting a partial refund would automatically close the dispute. Once a partial refund is accepted, the dispute is closed and you would not have the option to appeal or file another dispute against this transaction. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.