dispute

cameronc3
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered something from a site and it was a scam, I never received the item and I filed a dispute under billing issue because I couldn't get in contact with them to get a refund but I should have filed it under didn't receive it. and now they keep denying my case because they said it doesn't qualify as a billing dispute. Which I understand but how can change the dispute type so I can actually get help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cameronc3 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cameronc3 

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

retrocolnago
New Community Member

This is not necessarily true. You CAN change a dispute type, for instance from "item not received" to "Item significantly not as described". There is a button at the bottom of the case normally to do this. If the case has already been escalated, you will need to contact paypal (by phone is best) and they can reset the dispute. This is possible for eBay and non-eBay transactions.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@retrocolnago 

The person that asked the question opened a BILLING dispute, and not a dispute for non receipt of item, so that type of dispute cannot be changed.

Apart from that their dispute was CLOSED and you cannot open a second dispute for the same transaction OR change the dispute type once closed without contacting customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.