dispute timeframe

uohero
Contributor
Contributor
I have dispute with the buyer escalate to claim after that I provide paypal with all information that I have but give me Case Status:Awaiting buyer's response by 17 may but time pass and this statement updates to Case Status:Awaiting buyer's response will back for you by 28 May I need to know more about status of cases
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

hi @uohero

Happy to help with additional questions.

To answer your first question, if your buyer responds then the case will change from the current 8 days to respond to being reviewed or in reviewed. We don't leave the case to pass the full time frame before reviewing if your buyer responds. 

To answer your second question, as I am not aware what type of claim it is I cannot answer that specifically. If it was a case that your buyer stated, they did not receive their item and you have provided sufficient evidence such as a tracking number showing that the item was delivered to the correct address then once the timeframe is up the funds would be returned to you. If the case was opened for an item significantly not as described and your buyer does not return the item to you then the case would be closed, and the funds released back to you. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uohero 

You should find out on the 28th May then.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

uohero
Contributor
Contributor
I need to know why PayPal after give buyer 3 days give him direct 10 days again is still need information from him or that's time for review
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @uohero 

I am sorry to hear that a case has been opened against you. It is a little hard to answer your question specifically as if the timeframe has been changed then it can be for a number of reasons. It may be that we gave your buyer 3 days to respond or provide certain information and depending on that information we may have allowed extra time. It could also be if an item has been shipped that we are allowing extra time for the item to be delivered before closing the case. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

uohero
Contributor
Contributor
thanks for your information I need to know also now status in waiting to buyer respond from 8 days 1st question Is that mean buyer not answering until now or can buyer respond and case status still same ? 2nd question what happened after finishing 10 days ?
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_paula

hi @uohero

Happy to help with additional questions.

To answer your first question, if your buyer responds then the case will change from the current 8 days to respond to being reviewed or in reviewed. We don't leave the case to pass the full time frame before reviewing if your buyer responds. 

To answer your second question, as I am not aware what type of claim it is I cannot answer that specifically. If it was a case that your buyer stated, they did not receive their item and you have provided sufficient evidence such as a tracking number showing that the item was delivered to the correct address then once the timeframe is up the funds would be returned to you. If the case was opened for an item significantly not as described and your buyer does not return the item to you then the case would be closed, and the funds released back to you. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

uohero
Contributor
Contributor
thanks more for your great information
if the item digital goods (programming development) Claim type not as described and give proof for delivery it as described (although buyer paid only half )
what happen in this cases ?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @uohero 

You are very welcome, In a case for a digital item as long as you can provide proof that it was as described and received then the case should go in your favour. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

uohero
Contributor
Contributor
I won the dispute thanks more for paypal for best production I have question what mean by this statement "Please know your buyer may have additional means to dispute this transaction by going directly through the funding source they used, such as filing a chargeback with their credit card."
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @uohero,

Good to hear that you won the dispute! The statement means that the buyer may also approach their financial institution to dispute the charge again. When a customer files a chargeback with their credit card issuer, it means that they’re disputing a charge and asking the card issuer for a refund.

A chargeback isn’t the same as a PayPal claim. The chargeback process is initiated outside of PayPal, between the card issuer and their cardholder. In a dispute over a chargeback, the decision is ultimately made by the card issuer and we don't decide the outcome. You can learn more about chargebacks here

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.