dispute resolution issue: seller

harryf2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, 

I am hoping someone here can help me. It is my first time using paypal to sell a product to a stranger. The product was 2 music festival tickets, paypal put a 21 day hold on my money. After the event the buyer raised a dispute for the tickets that they did not work to enter the festival and were duplicate tickets, i double checked the tickets and they were not used by me nor were they sold to anyone else. I bought a total of 5 tickets and myself and girlfriend used two of them which both worked, the other was sold on "ticketswap" no issue with theirs either. As I have said I double checked the tickets and they were not sold or used by anyone else so am fairly confident buyer is trying to scam me or some error at door with ticket machine is only other explanation i can think off. Anyway, back story done... 

I straight away raised the dispute to paypal once it was submitted and followed the steps. After a couple of responses by myself I missed an email dated 26th sept which required me to provide further information such as a proof of sale etc. which i have to hand. PayPal only gave me 3 days to provide this information, as stated i missed this email. The next email i got was that the buyer was being refunded fully. 

I have contacted paypal (4th Oct) 8 days after receiving email dated 26th sept.. to let me send the proof of sale etc. I was denied as I missed the deadline. I found it very confusing that it originally stated I would have until 10th October to get the dispute resolved on the dispute center so in my head I was working to this date. I acknowledge that it is my fault for missing the email dated 26th Sept but am hoping anyone has any advice on the possibility of me following this up...? As the amount was not a small sum and did take quite a lot of patience to hold on to the tickets for so long (2 years due to Covid cancelling the event) to sell them and then this happen. 

I contacted call center to at first no avail but called again and was given an email address to send the proof through to quoting the case number was told they are not promising this will be resolved. 

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing and/or any advice? 

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks 

Harry  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.