dispute closed, fraud, no shipping , and removed from eBay

bashir205
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item listed on eBays website , once payed,  through PayPal , the seller was removed from eBay and my payment went through, in the amount of $43.99. I opened a case with PayPal for unauthorized transaction. the case was closed with no refund.

below is the copy of the transaction.

Case Closed: Transaction not covered

Case ID: PP-I-12760824
Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection.  We've noted the account changes you reported with this case.
Case details

Dispute reason

Unauthorized access

Case Status

Closed

Date reported

Dec 21, 2020

Transactions not refunded
We have been unable to provide any refund on the transactions listed.
  • Dec21
    Wang Hongbin: Payment
    - $43.99
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bashir205 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bashir205 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bashir205
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks a lot, I contacted PayPal and got my refund.
Login to Me Too

tonybolony
Contributor
Contributor

Just reading your response stating "A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction. Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction."

How do I have PayPal perform this check because I have EXACTLY this issue and they continue to tell me that it was authorized even though I do not have an account with the Merchant.

Thanks,
Tony

Login to Me Too

wwbbsurf40
Contributor
Contributor

I had an unauthorized charge but since it was not funded by a credit card and Paypal said it was legal, where they got that info is beyond me, I lost $59.95!!  From now on Paypal will be the last payer that I use.

Login to Me Too

RadMom5
Contributor
Contributor

We lost 109.23 in October & now 115.80 recently 😠

Login to Me Too

pakipackages
Contributor
Contributor

same when I was ordering a plumbing but didn't find this option on eBay then I cancelled it. 

Login to Me Too

Pinba11s
I lost $912. Damn!
Login to Me Too

Pinba11s
I agree. PP has lost all credibility with me as well.
Login to Me Too

Pinba11s
I had the same issue, but the seller also posted a fraudulent usps tracking number. The postal service said it was genuine and the refrigerator was placed at my front door 1 and 1/2 days after purchase. I submitted a fraud complaint with USPS who don't deliver 300 pound refrigerators. I was denied twice by PP and went to Visa to hold back payment .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.