dispute case just says closed was i refunded? did i do something wrong?

froggytori
Contributor
Contributor

hello can any one help please first time I've had to ask for a refund i found the items and opened a dispute it said the seller would have 2 weeks to reply i checked back the case has been closed it doesn't say if i was refunded or not did i do something wrong did i have to add more information if i check the case all i can see is case closed 😞 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@froggytori 

Did you forget to escalate dispute to a claim anytime within 20 days of opening dispute so PayPal will investigate? Otherwise the case automatically closes uncontested/as resolved, seller retains funds. Closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim.

For further assistance, contact customer service:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.
  3. Click Disputes
  4. Click Dispute a payment
  5. Click Message Us or Call Us after “This information might help” box.

Reference case ID number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@froggytori 

Did you forget to escalate dispute to a claim anytime within 20 days of opening dispute so PayPal will investigate? Otherwise the case automatically closes uncontested/as resolved, seller retains funds. Closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim.

For further assistance, contact customer service:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.
  3. Click Disputes
  4. Click Dispute a payment
  5. Click Message Us or Call Us after “This information might help” box.

Reference case ID number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

froggytori
Contributor
Contributor

thank you so much yes your right i didn't realise it had to be escalated i thought that was what i had already done but i followed your advise and some one contacted me and i managed to get it sorted so thank you very much for taking the time to help me out x x x x

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.