direct debit

Ami70

Hi,

Today I was checking my bank account and I realized a transaction that I haven’t made,

Amount : 72.59 Euros 

IBAN: <removed>

I check my account activity and I couldn’t find anything related to this IBAN!

can someone please help me? I requested a refund from my bank account and I got the refund immediately, but the interesting thing is this transaction is not showing under my account activities on PayPal

Bests,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ami70 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and didn't log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a guest buyer.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Ami70. In addition to the always excellent information @kernowlass provided, here's a little further clarification.

It sounds like someone obtained your bank account information and used to to pay for an online purchase. However, I assure you they did not get your information from PayPal! As @kernowlass mentioned, PayPal processes payments that occur without a login, and if someone used stolen financial information, a charge would show up on their financial statement and not their PayPal account.

Contacting your bank and having them dispute the payment was absolutely the right thing to do. PayPal responds to requests for information from a bank or card issuer, but the owners of the financial information don't need to contact us. Their bank or card issuer will do that.

I hope this helps to clarify things in addition to what @kernowlass mentioned. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.