digital river ireland

kenredford

hi i actually am disgusted with this company avast i took thier security system a couple of years ago not no they would keep taking monies each year without authorisation this year 10th of july this company took 2 payments one of 56.99 and another of 74.99 i did not ask for these products without my authourity through my paypal account i have complained to digital river ireland also paypal with no reply im a 78 year old pensioner can ill afford these massive payments for products i do need how can i get my money back

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Chase

Hi @kenredford,

Thank you for your post! I am very sorry to hear there have been unauthorized purchases on your account. You can file any unauthorized claims here you see on your account. I also recommend resetting your password and security questions as an additional precaution. If you have any other questions, you can reach customer support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.

I hope this helps!

Chase

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kenredford 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.