dewalt tool scam

mrhrcng
Contributor
Contributor

I made 2 purchases from what appeared to be a dewalt refurbisher. I did not recive any tracking info and the merchants email was not valid so I filed for a refund. a week or so later a small envelope came in the mail from the merchant, containing a 2" x 3" sticker sheet of smiley faces. now paypal has refused my refunds because tracking shows my items were delivered. all I received was the stickers and am out over 100.00  what do I do paypal just states my case is closed and I cant seem to get through to anyone

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

rockypu69
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to say that I was also fooled by the offers of this FAKE DEWALT REFURBISHMENT website.  In my case, I soon became suspicious and cancelled my credit card.  When I received notification from Paypal that the items had been shipped, I checked the tracking number and found that the items were reportedly shipped to my address FIVE DAYS BEFORE I HAD ORDERED THEM!!! My credit card account was charged for the undelivered items.  Since I had cancelled the card, there were "no transactions yet" to dispute!  Currently waiting for the Covid 19 standdown to end so I can contact a Paypal rep.

Login to Me Too

Dicktahoe
Contributor
Contributor

I disputed this transaction and it was found in favor of the Seller, that is running a Scam Site. I already contacted DeWalt tools and notified them. They will verify it’s a scam. This guy also scammed you by sending you a confirmation that the package was delivered which it was not. I believe all this is being run out of China. I ordered the product on Mar. 26, 2020. The first tracking number I got, which is the one he gave to Pay Pal was for a small package mailed from Southern California. That package weighted about 2Oz and contained a little sheet of stick-on starts. The SCAM is that he could now send you a tracking number, but that was not for the procduct I ordered, it was originally sent from So. Cal and delivered to me a few days later.

This Seller is very clever.

When questioned about the shipment he mails a package of stickers, and then sends you the tracking number claiming it for all the DeWalt tools I bought—TOTAL SCAM

Your file has been uploaded.

image.jpg / 2.91
I would never dispute a legitimate transaction and have been with Paypay for years, with no issues.

My brother bought similar tools, but fortunately he charged it to his Credit Card. When he disputed the charge they reveresed it.

I would expect the same consideration from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

lmritter
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings

You can never be to old to be stupid. I just turned 70. I didn't have my glasses on and misread $99.99 as being $999.99. For a generator that would have been a good deal. So I may have lost $100, I will jump through a few hoops to get the money back. Lesson learned!

Larry

Login to Me Too

Dicktahoe
Contributor
Contributor

I hope you have better luck with PayPal than I did. It turns out this is a double scam so here’s how it works. You order the tool, and the vendor send a notice to PayPal saying it’s been shipped. But he doesn’t provide PayPal with tracking information. Then about a month later he sends a small package, about 2 ounces, that has a sheet of kids stickies—I got stars, my brother got happy faces. Now he has a tracking number for package. When you launch a protest with PayPal to get your money back, the vendor supplies PayPal with that tracking number and PayPal denied your claim and finds in favor of the vendor. You’re **bleep**! I think the only thing you can do is watch for that package and save it so you have a record of the tracking number and the size of package that he sent you.  That’s the only way you can prove to PayPal that you did not receive the Dewalt product you ordered.  My brother charged his order with a credit card so it was easy for him to claim he did not receive the package and they credited his account with the charges. I bought mine using PayPal and so far they have refused to refund my purchase price. I’m still arguing with them to try to get them to reverse Their decision in favor of the vendor.

Login to Me Too

Newport2
Contributor
Contributor

I've fell for this scam also. After I was taken to the Paypal website to pay for the tools, it took me back to the sellers website but never had the information like they usually show you (like delivery time or receipt). It was like I never ordered anything. So I starting checking right away. And found other website that looked the same as the one I ordered from (https://www.deceao.com/ and https://www.dwaofe.com/?msclkid=415b94362e11127cdd33cafb9066e0f5 and https://www.dewatool.com/?msclkid=ba4f3acc67dc16860cb86401d9abe87f. There maybe more. ). I right away tried to ask Paypal if they had problems with this site. They sent me an email that the seller sent them a tracking number (like to say it's ok). Then a lot more run around. Then I checked the tracking number again and it said it was delivered to Moreno, California. I live in Washington. After more run around from Paypal one of the people messaged me that she would file a claim get ahold of the seller and I would get my money back if they didn't respond. Days later and more run around they say the sender sent them a tracking number stating it was delivered to Moreno, Ca. Just like I told them. It also stated it was sent from New York and was in California an hour later.  From the first day I tried to contact the seller on their website contact email many times, and I've told Paypal this many times. I don't think Paypal has any interest in protecting their customers (even though that is their business. I would invite a mews agency, Class action attorney, attorney general to investigate Paypal and how they help scammers to continue to scam their customers. I will see if I can get some involved on my end.

Login to Me Too

Dicktahoe
Contributor
Contributor

Once PayPal resolves the case, in this case in favor of the Vendor, they claim “Case Closed” and they will not reopen it no matter what evidence of Fraud you send them. First the Vendor scams their customer, YOU, then they scam PayPal. PayPal has been notified by several of us over the past many months, but Does nothing to stop this vendor from using PayPal payments. 

Login to Me Too

akdamcn
Contributor
Contributor

I was taken in by this scammer also.  One thing I've learned from this, and a couple other scams, is that Paypal doesn't even read the details.  The buyer doesn't get a chance to escalate the dispute for several days later, can't add any additional proof or anything. The seller can escalate the dispute at any time and the second the seller escalates the dispute Paypal immediately chooses in their favor.  I know, I've been with PP for many years as a retailer, I've escalated a buyer's claim and the same second I received the "resolution in my favor" email. There's no way anyone had time to review the case.  If Paypal took any interest in their members they'd do a better job.  I won't ever purchase anything using my PP balance again, go through a credit card.  Another thing everyone should do  is if you get caught in a scam, don't tip the seller into thinking you know he's scum or he'll escalate right away and win the case.  That's how I lost mine.  Paypal should know that a scammer isn't just going to decide to be a buyer and pay through Paypal to scam someone, that doesn't happen, the scammer will be the seller scamming all of Paypal's members.  There's enough good sellers in this world, Paypal doesn't have to encourage all these scammers.

Login to Me Too

akdamcn
Contributor
Contributor

I do want to add to my comment... The chat Message Center is awesome.  Those people have been hanging with me through this whole process with Paypal.  Even though there's no appeal or re-open buttons for buyers to continue their claims, the Paypal Message Center is filing a new case for me. Paypal should look at this carefully and add some security for their own members because these scammers know exactly how to use Paypal over and over and over to run their scams, they don't even have to change their website name, Paypal is making it very easy for them!  The website I ordered from is the same as many of you ordered from... https://www.decfae.com/     Thank you to Paypal's Message Center for fighting for the buyer's rights!

Login to Me Too

Gozjuan

I purchased two tools in two transactions and nothing came !! Seller send a tracking number for first transaction and tracking number was showing movement from 5 days before I made the purchase. Second shipment was showing that my item were delivered in my city but nothing came. I open a dispute for both transactions and PayPal gave the two cases to the seller because it was showing a tracking number, but i appeal both cases and one of the representatives gave me the first case on my favor and get my money back, but second case still in review and was told to get tracking history print from USPS to show the address of that tracking number and it was delivered in different address with different name and was an small envelope. So , I sent those documents to PayPal and guess what? They still gave the case to that person who making free money and using PayPal. The name of that person scamming people with Dewalt tools is KENCIA <removed>.

Login to Me Too

akdamcn
Contributor
Contributor

Gozjuan, I suggest you get on Paypal chat to connect with online customer service. Ask them to dispute the case for you.  Don't "End Conversation" so you can always go back and connect with the support team that are helping you. When you chat with UPS keep taking screenshots of the conversation. If you wait until the end the chat will be cleared.  Saving a transcript of the conversation won't work with Paypal, they want a screenshot of your conversation. Keep with it and help get this scam stopped.  Dewalt Tools is aware but hasn't been able to stop them because it's multiple people and payment processors aren't stopping them. Don't give up!  Beyond that, I will always use a credit card from now on when paying through Paypal, that way you have a better chance to fight it.  Dewalt Tools aren't the only big name company websites these scammers are using, I ran into the same thing with Brooks Shoes. That one was easy though because I did use a credit card instead of paying with my Paypal balance. Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.