dewalt tool scam

mrhrcng
Contributor
Contributor

I made 2 purchases from what appeared to be a dewalt refurbisher. I did not recive any tracking info and the merchants email was not valid so I filed for a refund. a week or so later a small envelope came in the mail from the merchant, containing a 2" x 3" sticker sheet of smiley faces. now paypal has refused my refunds because tracking shows my items were delivered. all I received was the stickers and am out over 100.00  what do I do paypal just states my case is closed and I cant seem to get through to anyone

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

Pludy
Contributor
Contributor
I was able to finally dispute it with my bank. The key to the case was the tracking info saying “delivered to mailbox” . The order was for a 50 lb table saw. It would not have fit in the mailbox. Hope this helps
Login to Me Too

akdamcn
Contributor
Contributor

This is a follow up to my previous post about this scammer.  I wasn't about to give up, it wasn't about the money anymore, I wanted to show Paypal how they were aiding this scammer.  Reading the posts here, you know there's many more that just don't post or fight back at all.  My only hope of winning this battle was the Paypal online customer service chat area. They stayed with me all the way through, they're great!  I attached 3 different transcripts from UPS showing that the tracking number given was a small item shipped to a completely different address, not a 5lb. saw.  That wasn't good enough, so back to UPS chat for the whole conversation again, this time as we were chatting I took screenshots of the conversation. Evidently that's what they wanted to see or they just got tired of my ranting.  Don't stop fighting, platforms like Paypal are helping to facilitate these scammers, there will always be more but if these payment providers put a stop to them then they have no way to get your money.  I run a business through Paypal so I will continue using them but I'll never purchase anything using Paypal funds, I'll run it through a credit card first! Another big Thank You to Paypal customer service chat, I couldn't have done it without them filing that second claim for me! Here's the contact info for this scammer, I'm sure he probably changes his name all the time, but I'm going to send him a big HELLO anyway! 

Seller
Peng <removed>
<removed>

Login to Me Too

CharlesA74
Contributor
Contributor

Never thought pay pal would be this way,  if I get the same BS you all have gotten I will be at the credit union asking them to get my money back as I used my Credit Card...

Login to Me Too

Chas3212

I ordered the DeWalt table saw on 12/25 and have not received anything.  I have requested that PAYPAL look into the issue and can see that i am wasting my time.  I also sent an email to DeWalt customer service to see if they are aware of the sale today.  Maybe some kind of pressure can be applied to the company.  

Login to Me Too

RIDD
Contributor
Contributor

SAME THING WITH ME  BOUGHT ITEMS FROM NEW JERSEY AND I RECEIVED A 1"X1" X1/4" PLASTIC ZERO --- SELLER WANTED IT SHIPPED BACK TO CHINA FOR $70 ??? PAYPAL WANTED PICTURES -- THE EMAIL ADDRESS THEY GAVE ME WOULD NOT RECEIVE MY PICTURES THEY CLOSED MY CASE ALMOST FEEL THEY ARE PART OF IT -- WILL RESEARCH HARD ANYMORE PURCHASES THROUGH PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

BigOldAl
Contributor
Contributor

Since my experience with this, I have noticed that these scammers seem to prefer Yahoo News for their advertisements. That makes Yahoo complicit in these scams IMHO. Since losing my money, I have not used PayPal for anything. That also means that I no longer shop on eBay since almost all of the sellers will only accept PayPal as payment now. I can see why the sellers like PayPal. There seems to be no recourse when you, as a buyer, get taken. The hoops that PayPal gives you to jump through and their accelerated case closures just make people feel that it's not worthwhile to complain.

Login to Me Too

Dicktahoe
Contributor
Contributor

You are right, and for me also PayPal denied my claim even though I was sent a small package of smiley stickers. So here’s your recourse.  If you had your PayPal funds taken from your credit card—Dispute the charge with them and they will remove the charge and go after PayPal.  If you had your funds removed from your bank account, go in and talk with your banker and file a Fraud-Report.  I did that, and my bank credited my account for the Fraud and went after PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Pudgie1
Contributor
Contributor

The internet age: Scamming is a career for more and more people to fuel their lavish lifestyles. Very clever!

Credit card companies must verify these retailers, and not let them accept cc payments.

It's a crooked world.

Login to Me Too

BigOldAl
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't get in touch with anyone at PayPal. All I ever got was a denial and then an offer from the seller to return the item I received "in error" to China even though they drop shipped it from New Jersey. Sending my plastic whistle to China would have cost me almost US $30. Yahoo knows about this scam and still runs the ads for it. It's quite obvious that PayPal knows about this scam and they still pay them and then defend them when you complain. I have stopped using PayPal entirely after this. If they will not protect us the way that our credit card companies or bank will, then I just don't trust them anymore. They seem more interested in giving you untold amounts of hoops to jump through rather than issuing a refund and going after the dishonest vendors. Thanks to PayPal, I no longer purchase anything on eBay either as most sellers require you to pay with PayPal. I'm having much better luck buying everything I need on Amazon or directly on the net using my credit card. Amazon issues a refund when the local UPS site scans any returns I have had. They don't even wait to get the item back.

Login to Me Too

Dicktahoe
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has known about this Scam site for Months and months and still does nothing to remove it from accepting paypal.  A truly disgusting way to conduct a business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.