dewalt tool scam

mrhrcng
Contributor
Contributor

I made 2 purchases from what appeared to be a dewalt refurbisher. I did not recive any tracking info and the merchants email was not valid so I filed for a refund. a week or so later a small envelope came in the mail from the merchant, containing a 2" x 3" sticker sheet of smiley faces. now paypal has refused my refunds because tracking shows my items were delivered. all I received was the stickers and am out over 100.00  what do I do paypal just states my case is closed and I cant seem to get through to anyone

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mrhrcng 

Thank you for taking timeout to post on our community forum.  I'm so sorry to hear that your case was closed but no worries as there is still hope, as can ask to reopen the case and make an appeal.  A request to reopen a case to make an appeal is being done by customer service representative.  Whats; gonna happen during this appeal process is that you will be given ample time (3 to 10 days maximum) to submit documents that would support your appeal like for instance a product listing from the seller website, URL/ website of the seller and photos of item you have received.  If you have all those evidence you may now contact our customer service. All you have to do is go to our PayPal website at the bottom click the contact option besides help, once you click  "contact" it will route you to the page that say “Contact Us” click that and there will be options provided.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50
Solved

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mrhrcng 

Thank you for taking timeout to post on our community forum.  I'm so sorry to hear that your case was closed but no worries as there is still hope, as can ask to reopen the case and make an appeal.  A request to reopen a case to make an appeal is being done by customer service representative.  Whats; gonna happen during this appeal process is that you will be given ample time (3 to 10 days maximum) to submit documents that would support your appeal like for instance a product listing from the seller website, URL/ website of the seller and photos of item you have received.  If you have all those evidence you may now contact our customer service. All you have to do is go to our PayPal website at the bottom click the contact option besides help, once you click  "contact" it will route you to the page that say “Contact Us” click that and there will be options provided.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Donboy126969
New Community Member

I fell for this, also. When this bogus Dewalt vendor provides tracking , showing delivery, it was only for Chinese smiley stickers. PayPal should ask to see delivery weight before denying claims. They’re taking the scammer’s word over ours. This scheme was advertised on the Yahoo home website. PayPal can easily quit doing business with these bogus Dewalt websites.

Login to Me Too

BigOldAl
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed out of only $60. I got a plastic whistle from New Jersey. I guess I should feel lucky. Now, I no longer use PayPal for ANYTHING. That also means that I, pretty much, can't buy anything off of eBay since almost all sellers require instant payment via PayPal. There should be some way to get the law to go after PayPal for making it so hard to get your money back when this is such a well-known scam.

Login to Me Too

clearlake
Contributor
Contributor

I fell for this, also. It sems PayPal has ailed to help !! The bogus Dewalt vendor provides false tracking showing delivery.  PayPal should ask to see delivery weight before denying claims. They’re taking the scammer’s word over ours. PayPal can easily quit doing business with these bogus Dewalt websites.

Login to Me Too

Pludy
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. The company sent a pair of socks instead of a 50 lb table saw.
Login to Me Too

Sfeuerboy
I got a pair of super cheap and cheesy earrings. Not a drill and battery combo. **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

oscar__freeport
New Community Member

The seller issued a tracking number that said the item was delivered to an address in my town on the day I placed my order.   And it was shipped 10 days prior.   PP denied my dispute and closed my case.   Attempts to reach PP via email and telephone have not been successful.  Very disappointed with PP.

Login to Me Too

Chiefoffire3

I am also having the same problem. The scam company is trapping usps shipment tracking numbers that correspond with your zip code. Once that trapped item has been delivered, they send it to PayPal stating item delivered and it satisfies PayPal’s requirements. And you can’t speak to anyone 

Login to Me Too

BigOldAl
Contributor
Contributor

Not only was I taken in by this scammer, now PayPal is making it worse. I filed a dispute with PayPal and the scammer said they would give me a full refund. However, I would have to send the small green plastic whistle back to China at a cost of around $20.00. This package was drop-shipped from Cranbury, New Jersey, USA. It weighed 2 Oz. I ordered 4 DeWalt rechargeable batteries. The package I received had a fake customs form printed on the back that was marked as "gift" and not signed by the shipper. I just know that if I spend the $20 to send it back to China, that they will just say that I scammed them and PayPal will not refund my money. After reading the other posts about this well-known scam, I have decided to cut my losses at $53.98 and just stop using PayPal. It seems that Yahoo and PayPal would rather support the scammers than honest Americans. I also shut down my accounts at Yahoo. I also found malware on my computer from the email site used by the scammer. Recently,  I have had problems with eBay, too. All I can say is that I would rather pay Amazon a little extra for the things I need and get them fast with a GREAT guarantee. I have had to return a couple of items that I got from Amazon. When I did, they just automatically paid for the return shipping and refunded my money to my bank account right after the packages were scanned at the UPS Customer Service counter. At least Amazon stands behind their customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.