confirmation fees

angeltarsals
Contributor
Contributor

hi, iam trying to recieve money from some one on pay pal and they are saying that because the use a buisness account i need to pay a $50 confirmation fee, is this real?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @angeltarsals

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I can understand receiving money from someone can be a bit confusing. I'm glad you reached out on this one. Short answer, no, you do not need to pay any additional money to someone to receive a payment through PayPal. PayPal itself will charge a fee for receiving funds as Goods and Services payments, but you do not pay that as an extra payment to the sender or even to PayPal. PayPal deducts it directly from the transaction when it's received into your PayPal account. Here are a few resources I think you may find useful: 

How do I receive money through PayPal?
What are the fees for PayPal accounts?

How do I spot a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website?

Good luck on this and future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

angeltarsals
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome thank you for replying. Is this also true if they are using a business account? Ihad a buyer say there was a $50 confirmation fee because they are using a business account. Like the image belowIMG_20230606_185703_944.jpg 

Login to Me Too

AndreeaBadescu
Contributor
Contributor
This is scamming. I am in the same situation. I want to contact the police, they steal from people by promissing after you pay a fee (that doesn t exist), you receive your payment on paypal. A fake reason is that it s a business account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.