can sellers request money without my authorisation

andybeck
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased an item from an online appliance supplier, item delivered by sellers own carrier,but item packaging was completely destroyed. driver stated that he would not expect me to accept the item, and they would phone in to report the non delivery. Item did not even leave the delivery van. Phoned the supplier and explained the circumstances and they instigated a refund. 2 days later I receive an email saying they had refunded my money, but had not had the item returned, could I inform them of the location to collect the item, failing which they would take the money again. repeated emails since and they say they can not get a response from their carrier.

question 1 - can they take the monies again ?

question 2 - do you think there is possibly an internal scam going on ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

edited, advice removed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Marina

Hi @andybeck,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to receive your item because of the damage! I'm glad the seller was quick to issue a refund, and I would encourage you to provide them with any information you can about the location to collect the item. A merchant can only initiate another charge if you have an automatic payment set up with them, which you can cancel. Even if you do, PayPal offers Purchase Protection for situations just like this. If you don't receive your item, we help you get a full refund.

I hope you find this information useful!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.