buying off of FB ... a Honda Generator

JimmyD9
New Community Member

I ordered a Honda generator for $149 today from an ad on FB .... the price is low but hopefully they are legit .....  this is obviously an Asian marketing site ... I did not get a confirmation email so do you guys know of this company ?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

bkcurtin13
New Community Member
I got suckered for $99 by this scam too. Apparently PayPal has no purchase protections. I'll never use them again.
Login to Me Too

nmdatatec
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar experience with another product.  I files with PayPal.  The shipper was able to provide a UPS tracing number that said the item was left on my porch.  I don't have a porch.  I am a UPS my Choice member and as such UPS provides advanced shipping and tracking of any package and the ability to lookup who the shipper is and where the shipment is coming from.  None of that was available from UPS.  PayPal chose to close the case in favor of the SCAM artist.  Lesson learned.  Other than using PayPal through eBay, PayPal through a change of Terms of Service, no longer provides any buyer protection,  they offer seller protection.  Never use PayPal for any purchase other than "Well Known Sellers".  Use a Credit Card that has strong buyer protections.  Never use PayPal for any site that only offers PayPal as the "secure" payment method.  Never buy anything from an add on Facebook.  Fortunately, I only lost 60 bucks 

Login to Me Too

tightwad_kid
Contributor
Contributor

My wife had a similar fake deal o a pair of designer shoes.  Shipped from China.  Product arrived was a small item not worth $1.00.  Since it was delivered the seller had a tracking number showing it was delivered (but not that it was the correct item).   Seller of course refused all claims except to offer a token refund of a small amount.  Contacted my credit card company to have the charge reversed.  Credit card company sent a request to the seller.  The seller provide proof of delivery of an item to the seller.  Credit card company accepted the proof of delivery receipt as full proof of delivered item.  Fought with credit card company to no avail.  Lesson learned.  **bleep** Citicorp.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tightwad_kid 

Why didn't you open a dispute for item received but not as described with Paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Miltroy
Contributor
Contributor
I used the PayPal credit card. Synchrony bank refunded me. PayPal did not.
Login to Me Too

BJMCDANIEL
Contributor
Contributor

Scam, yes. Lesson learned. If it sounds too good to be true...

I complained to PP and my credit card provider.  PP came through for me, reversed the charge/refunded. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.