business to personal account

Abukenyo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! My account exceeded threshold and needed verification because I'm transferring it all on my local account here in PH. I think I'm having problem because my account type is business type which is a mistake because I thought I need a business account to receive my payouts from Facebook. To cut the long story short, I don't have any business. I just named my Business account here "Abukenyo" when I made it because that's my Facebook page name; Abukenyo Gaming and filled up same details as my home address.

So in verification, I submitted all the required IDs on personal info and when in Business address, I cannot put an address verification like electric bill because it I have no business in the first place. I submitted my passport and voter's ID for verification.

I'd like to make a request to make my account just personal account again not business type. It is my mistake.

Also, I'd like to ask if clicking Close Account in Account settings will close my Business Account or personal account? I still have my money in here and I'm scared if I click close account I'll lose my money as well. 

I'm really sorry. I need to pay our bills and the mechanic fixing our vehicle, that's why I'm withdrawing money. 

I hope someone can help me. I cannot call from PH to Paypal because it is too expensive via phone call. Please help me please please

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Abukenyo 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DIYHenry
New Community Member
Same predicament. Need to change my paypal from a business account to a personal account. Please help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.