account

alessdp128
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I have opened an in error an account for my child, obviously under 18.  The child has since deposited their recycle can money in the account. I have the records of this deposit. Can not get a coherent answer from paypals automatic response?

How can I get some relevant answers? Apart from calling.

In the chat section it always says "All our agents are currently offline. Please try again during business hours." You can never contact anyone through there.

Paypal keeps directing my to the resolution centre, everytime I send a message through there. You are only able to update ONE document through there.

So you can not include letter and evidence here.

I have also tried several times  to go through automatic support response requesting to speak with an agent, too. Then they’ll put you in the queue for next available agent. I never get an un automated response and never in the line for the next agent.

What are the hours?

How do I chat or email with a Paypal person?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alessdp128 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless customer services allow you to transfer the funds to a parents account?

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account.

OR they may allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. The latter option is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alessdp128 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless customer services allow you to transfer the funds to a parents account?

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account.

OR they may allow you to open a new account and transfer the funds across for you. The latter option is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once but you should get one of those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alessdp128
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your information. How can I message someone at paypal?

Where I can upload these multiple documents for paypal to view?

Also why does it say I can transfer money out of my account? When clearly I can not? I have a screen shot of this.

Login to Me Too

alessdp128
Contributor
Contributor

alessdp128
Contributor
Contributor

So what happens with the funds. Do paypal transfer back to the original supplier?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @alessdp128,

Welcome! If your funds are placed on hold due to a permanent limitation, you'll normally be notified via email after 180 days regarding their availability. How they are made available may vary from country to country. Specifically for Australia, if the reason your account is limited is because you are under the age of 18, you may want to reach out to our Customer Support teams to see if the option to refund a transaction is available. Also, you can reach out to our Customer Support teams when you are 18 to review what options may potentially be available to make the funds available to you. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.