account verification via phone pin not working

Dimitris731
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to login to my account my password is being accepted but I'm asked to enter a pin in my phone through a call that Paypal are initiating (due to EU's PSD2 regulation). However when I enter a pin Paypal does not seem to recognize it. Tried entering slowly, fast, multiple times, it's as if I'm entering nothing. The call is coming to my land line, not my mobile. No other options to verify my account are offered when I click on the relevant link. Any hints on what to do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dimitris731 

Landline will always fail, has to be a mobile.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dimitris731 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dimitris731
Contributor
Contributor

Might have my mobile verified but can't remember and no way to know for sure without connecting to my account. I'm certainly not given the option to verify through my mobile when the landline pin entry fails.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dimitris731 

Landline will always fail, has to be a mobile.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dimitris731
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I'll call support to investigate further options, as I'm unable to switch verification to my mobile as it stands.

Login to Me Too

Dimitris731
Contributor
Contributor

A follow up: didn't bother calling support after all, since I had less than $1 in my account. I tried again today the phone verification and this time it worked on the first try. Not sure what changed but I'm posting here to note that land line verification does work. Added my mobile now as well just to be on the safe side.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.