account permanently limitation

mistahb92
Contributor
Contributor
I've got the following message on the dashboard of the app; You can no longer use PayPal At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We've noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with our User Agreement and therefore can no longer offer you PayPal services. Bank account and card information linked to your PayPal account can't be removed or used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we'll email instructions on how to transfer your money. Reference ID: PP-L-367949129757 But received no messages or emails regarding it nor am I finding a reason why, as of the last 6 months I've only used it for AliExpress and uber, received 1 payment from Bandcamp?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

NaomiGreen
Contributor
Contributor

I too have the same message today.  When I rang Paypal they only told me that they could not provide me with any information on what had occurred on my account unless I had a court order. I'm at a total loss and unsure how to rectify this.

Login to Me Too

DrMarilyn
Contributor
Contributor
So frustrating right? Sorry. Maybe they have been royally hacked and frozen all accounts. Thank God I had moved all client payments out last month and using other apps. Hope you didn’t have a balance there. Ugh.
Login to Me Too

DrMarilyn
Contributor
Contributor
God! I got the same message and action taken. I’ve used PayPal for many years with no problems. Certainly have never conducted any shady or fraudulent activities. Thank God I managed to get my client payments out last month after they put a hold on them because they thought one of my clients had misused her account (hadn’t). They apparently are having a lot of trouble with accounts being hacked and taken over. Very frustrating as I love the convenience of paying for things with one click. Oh well. Good riddance. Using other apps. They won’t get my fees anymore.
Login to Me Too

mistahb92
Contributor
Contributor
I literally caught an uber about an hour prior to it happening and it worked fine and payment went through so I'm at a loss to what the issue may be..wouldn't surprise me if they've been hacked there's been a few worldwide companies lately that have seemed to be lacking on the security side of things
Login to Me Too

NaomiGreen
Contributor
Contributor

I just lodged a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority - https://www.afca.org.au/make-a-complaint

Login to Me Too

Mbogublessing
Contributor
Contributor
Same here
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.