account limitations and closing accounts

Max1958
Contributor
Contributor

I have come to accept the fact that paypal limited my account in 2018.

Since then i have tried to upgrade and set up business account.

Now Paypal tells me that my personal account is on Permanent Limitations and cannot ever use it.

So, why did they let me set up a business account?

also, they haven't confirmed if my business account is ready to go or if they are going to let me use it.  I have been trying to search and find out all I could about my account services and I keep getting the go around.  click help here, after that click resolution center, after that click messages, and i never get a straight answer.  I tried calling paypal and the automoted responses were the same.

So I gave up, Does anyone know why paypal won't let me cancel the account?  I haven't used it since 2018.

They say cannot close limited accounts.  Thats stupid.  I don't use it.  Does anyone have any answers?

frustrated.

Max1958

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Max1958 

They don’t let you close account to make sure you do not open another account ever again which is what “You can no longer use PayPal anymore” means. Since you do not use your account letting it sit inactive/unmonitored for few years is risky for PayPal. Means you don’t care. Can you blame them for not wanting that kind of a user? Just sayin’.

Once you set up the business account, it’s hit or miss, it can get limited too by association with your already limited account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Max1958
Contributor
Contributor

I received your reply.  I didn't let my account set.  Also So why are they sending me emails to update my payment methods if I cannot use the account!

Nothing makes sense.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.