account limitation ; i can no longer use paypal

vishaustralia
New Community Member

hi guys,

just a question, got this random email from paypal saying that they've found  potential risk with my account and can no longer offer paypal services to me. i am in complete shock. i called paypal and someone from the philippines picked up and said i have to look for a different payment gateway as i am totaly banned but couldn't give me a single reason why. i am absolutely gobsmacked, upset and furious.

i only had one transaction in july which was to withdraw around $150 to my bank for selling a collectible item to someone in america. i've had a handful of transactions in may and june, mainly sending money , all less than $50 to friends in the philippines going through a hard time in covid. i've bought some collectible art from the UK a couple of times which were my absolutely biggest spends through paypal at around 500 UK Pounds and that's it. 

i've had less than 10 transactions in june and less than 10 in may and then even less than that the months prior. i hardly use paypal and it's only a once in a while thing for me and then now i get smashed with being deleted permanently from the platform.

i can't even talk to someone to find out why. i don't do any legal activity and i read the user agreement and abide by all those. i don't have any fraudulent activities or anything like that. i am a normal account holder that uses paypal to send and transfer money once in a while to international countries- that's what paypal is for right. all i would like to do is to speak to someone that assesses their internal accounts, find out why my account is deleted and then if based on certain transactions that they need explanations for, i'm happy to provide as much detail as they want.

the only explanation they offered me was that most of my transactions were purchases in may and june and i withdrew money for the first time in july which amounted to $150 so it was an irregular pattern...omg..really?? doesn't disabling my account seem excessive punishment for something that doesn't make sense...

can someone pls provide some guidance as i have no idea what to do now...

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vishaustralia 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

812jamesh
Contributor
Contributor

They might as well be doing this for no reason when I'm being told that my account was opened using fraudulent or stolen information. No attempt at all to contact me for verification of MY information. And my appeal? Still nothing from PayPal. They arbitrarily decided I had stolen information from myself. Or maybe they just don't like me. Maybe they have a program that chooses people at random to close their accounts. They give ABSOLUTELY NO reasons. 'Its proprietary information.' No its not. Instead I get **bleep** because the only jobs I can get right now are temp jobs that ONLY pay PayPal. At least they did. They have been dropping PayPal and using places like Coinbase instead. Because PayPal has done this to a large number of people for no reason.

Login to Me Too

Caketopia21

HI I'm in the same boat!  Followed all the rules, even having invoices, tracking numbers, photos and my account was closed permanently!  I've called over 4 times, emailed, messaged and nothing.  I'm just as furious!  This is my first time using Pay Pal to sell anything.  I was selling my stuff to pay for breast cancer surgery so I left all the money in my account as a savings account.  Now I've had the surgery and no money to pay for it.   Pay Pal is rude, unhelpful, dismissive, and as many people as this has happened to, I feel like they are keeping our money to use without our approval.  

Login to Me Too

812jamesh
Contributor
Contributor

They are. If you look at their documentation, that tell us they are not FDIC insured because they are not a bank, yet they have been making themselves out to be one for years now. And since they are not a bank, they technically don't EVER have to return your money to you and unfortunately us, the customers, don't have any legal action we can take against them. All PayPal has to do is pull the 'proprietary information' card as an excuse not to tell us. I was told I would have to get a subpoena filed against them to release my info.

Login to Me Too

Fiveinaline
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Caketopia21, My account has also been permanently limited for no apparent reason. While searching for answers here I read your comment and was compelled to reply “just in case” you didn’t know….. From what I understand, unless PayPal believes you owe them money, they will make your balance available to withdraw after 180 days. I realize this doesn’t help you in the meantime but hopefully it provides at least a little comfort in that your money ia not gone forever. Wishing you all the best for a speedy and complete recovery!
Login to Me Too

Leslie09
New Community Member
PayPal is the worst company!! My account was blocked for 180 days and still they want to give my phone back. I tried calling them but no answer
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
AM 3 Kudos That was one of the companies I ordered from, too. Them and Ambymega - both have blocked me from replying to their posts on FB because I was telling everyone the truth...LOLOLOL ... View more Re: Midodo international trading limited by FantasyJB Contributor in Disputes and Limitations ‎Aug-24-2021 01:09 PM 1 Kudo Same here! I ordered from them and 2 of their affiliates. I ordered like 17 shirts - they were cheap and I loved them. Know how many I got that I actually ordered? 3!!!!! That's a poor percentage. And the thing was that I REALLY wanted the shirts. Did any of yours have the sleeves sewn with the seams on the OUTSIDE? LMAO Mine did - unbelievable! ... View more Re: Midodo international trading limited by FantasyJB Contributor in Disputes and Limitations ‎Aug-24-2021 12:53 PM 5 Kudos Unfortunately, there is no number to contact them. Just go ahead and file a dispute with PayPal. Midodo will come back and ask for pics and then they'll come back with some ridiculous offer of a 10% refund. Say no and file a claim at that point. This company (and all of its random affiliates) really needs to be stopped! ... View more Re: Midodo international trading limited by FantasyJB Contributor in Disputes and Limitations ‎Jul-20-2021 07:04 AM 5 Kudos I'm in the middle of 3 different claims with this company (3 different stores, but all thru this place). I LOVED the shirts I ordered and couldn't wait to get them. Then I got
Login to Me Too

Temp20211127b
New Community Member

I'm in the same boat.  I've been using this account for business since 2018.  I have an accountant and file taxes on every dollar earned.  This account is above reproach - so why all the secrecy?  Cant even tell me WHY I was permanently disabled?  Really?

Since my website is through go daddy - I can use alternate forms of payments - I just don't understand why paypal would suspend me for no reason...or not disclose the reason...or reach out and ask me to verify something that they thought wasn't right.

I'm very frustrated, but in the end, I'll just use go daddy payments and all will be good.

Login to Me Too

Minhnguyen93

My account has been used for 3 years, suddenly today the account is permanently locked and I keep my money. Will Paypal do with the locked money? Really disappointed about Paypal, does paypal make money from locking customers' accounts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.