Your account access is permanently limited

Baryar
New Community Member

After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal.
paypal.png

Please any one tell me about this?

Now what i Do?

I have already submit necessary documents and information.

Login to Me Too
234 REPLIES 234

duns123
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's happening to so many people that Paypal must have got it wrong. If they rely on A.I to limit people's accounts then god help us. 

Login to Me Too

Helmi77

I have provided my documents and identity for review when restricted, but my account has become "Permanently Limited", what should I do? there is 188$ in my account, I am very frustrated.😓

Login to Me Too

seriicool
Contributor
Contributor

2 days ago I received an e-mail that my account was limited. It requested my documents and some more additional information. I have completed all the required paragraphs and got one more e-mail "Your information is being reviewed. The information you submitted is currently being reviewed by PayPal. Once we complete our review, we’ll get back to you regarding the status of your account in 1 business days. Thank you for your patience."

I have waited 2 days and got nothing on my e-mail/phone, so I logged in my account and accidentally found out that I can't use PayPal anymore. Are you serious? How is this possible? I can't even get the reason why? I am 100% sure I did nothing wrong what could lead to this scenario.

You can't use PayPal anymore

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

I am really dissapointed now, and don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

seriicool
Contributor
Contributor

Oh I'm sorry, please move this topic to Security and Fraud

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@seriicool 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary....in other words they do not give you an exact reason, they just direct you to the user agreement or acceptable use policy. I guess having a reason wouldn't make any difference if they have permanently banned you.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

seriicool
Contributor
Contributor

"However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason."

I just want to tell you a story. I sent money to my friend in 2 transactions, 200$ and 600$. After that I got my account limited and PayPal asked me to give some additional information, my docs and bank statement. I have provided everything I was asked for and got banned. When I called them, nobody answered, I tried 10 times!!!  I tried to write on Facebook but looks like its completely dead. Every post in Facebook littered with complaints (i'm sure because Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason, :D). And when I finally got an answer in Twitter, they said "Account is showing too high of risk for PayPal to process your payments and/or there was a violation to our User Agreement." 

Because there were no violations at all, real reason I think is "Account is showing too high of risk for PayPal to process your payments"(but can't even imagine what does it mean).

How you mentioned before, they do not give me an exact reason. 

"For the security of our systems. We do not release the details of our reviews." Answer from Twitter. 

And considering all this they hold my money for 180 days! Honestly, what a joke.

Login to Me Too

MeltonElectric
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely incorrect. I was creating my PayPal account and was in the process of setting it up (confiming email address etc) when i received this message: "We're initiating closure of your PayPal account Following our review, we've permanently limited your account as we detected that this account was created using either fraudulent or stolen information.You'll no longer be able to use PayPal account. Based on this decision, if applicable, you're no longer eligible for Seller Protection as per our User Agreement. This will apply to all existing and future cases you receive." I then checked my dashboard page and it said that i had to provide some information by "27 July 1927". And how would this be possible? What policy did I violate when I had not even ever used my account. I then received an email saying: "Why we're asking for more information You need to add more information about your business for compliance and regulatory reasons. Please add this information before 9 August 2022. This will only take a few minutes." Is there a glitch in the system? I'm still banned for a policy violation that I definitely did not violate as I've never used it. A the above happened within 10 mins of me creating an account from scratch.
Login to Me Too

faithley
Contributor
Contributor

same thing happened to me, I also opened an account from scratch and was banned soon after I sent in the documents thy requested which was my id. my id was issued when I was 16 and I haven't updated it yet as I don't have money to update it. my government id stated the issue date on it, if they wanted to see if it was really me in the id they could have asked for a more recent photo of me holding my id but I guess they were too lazy to request it so now and I'm here trying to find a solution. I'm starting to think PayPal is a fraudulent and a scam

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@faithley 

So you haven't updated your i.d. and sent in expired i.d yet its paypals fault and a scam ? ....interesting.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

faithley
Contributor
Contributor

in South Africa there's no expiration date on id's, I can go to a local bank for instance to open an account and I will succeed in doing so. in fact, I have opened my personal bank account which I still use up till today with my old id WITH NO EXPIRATION DATE ON IT. so we don't have to update it. also our government charges us if you want the new type of id card and I'm unemployed so I cant currently pay for one. was hoping I could use PayPal as payment method to sell photos I capture of nature, cars, animals (Africa's big 5 for instance) as I'm a photographer. wanted to sell it on various sites that used PayPal and at least that way I could at least try and make some bucks.

Seems PayPal doesn't know of this law in South Africa. They could at least communicate and inquire about my ID if they wanted to know but guess they not that professional. isn't that interesting 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.