You can't use PayPal anymore Reference ID: PP-008-023-930-869

Cristinatnv
Contributor
Contributor

hello any advise how to fix this issue i got. At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services. Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money. Reference ID: PP-008-023-930-869 i just call them they told me dont know the reason just paypal legal department know and to send them a letter via post to find out because im not a good english speaker i want to know the reason why they hold my money for 180 days with no straight answer to me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cristinatnv 

Paypal don't give you a reason for permanently limiting your account.

But they don't do it without good reason, what would be the point as they want folks to have paypal accounts as that is how they make money.

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cristinatnv 

Paypal don't give you a reason for permanently limiting your account.

But they don't do it without good reason, what would be the point as they want folks to have paypal accounts as that is how they make money.

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mutasemayad
New Community Member

I had the same problem, when I called they told me that they do not make business within my region, Palestinian territories.

Anyone can help for that 😞

Login to Me Too

islamjihad
New Community Member

I'm the same as you and want a suggestion to solve this please

Login to Me Too

Mirithi
Contributor
Contributor
After 180 days will I be still use my account or no more use only withdrawal funds ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mirithi 

If its a permanent limitation then sadly they will no longer offer you their services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Cwikd
If that was always the case. I rarely used paypal. At most it was linked to my Google wallet and how I made micro purchases in the app store. On occasion split a tab between friends and send birthday money gifts while I was overseas. Paypal permanently limited my account citing violation of terms and services. 2 years later I was wrapped up in a criminal money launder investigation which severely threatened my security clearance and military career. Luckily everything came back unfounded as there was zero evidence of wrong doing my account was still restricted so I eventually just shut down my account. Customer service always Gabe the vague response, I still don't knownwhat activity on my account could have been wrapped up in "money laundering" I think what ever program or software they use is a little bugged.
Login to Me Too

I wish I knew why PayPal limited our account after almost 20 years of zero issues and our products haven't changed. All of my competitors are still using paypal to process all of their orders without any issues. We didn't have any chargebacks or fraudulent transactions and always doing our due diligence on large orders. We are losing $15,000-25,000 at least in sales monthly so this is really hurting us. We sent letters to Corporate in San Jose as suggested but mo response as to why.

Nick

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello dallasnovelty1,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Mandyd78
Contributor
Contributor
Why would they waste time calling PayPal customer service? You get no where, no answers. I've had an account with PayPal since 2005 and then in 2016 my account was frozen. When I called no one could give me any answer beyond the vague reply that's displayed saying I cannot longer have a PayPal account. At least here you can speak with others who had the same issue and if they got any resolution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.