You can no longer use Paypal

Alfred_29
New Community Member

Help me to restore my account, I can't tranfer funds to my family help me to fix it

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alfred_29 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Anna974
New Community Member
Have you tried talking to the automated chat?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alfred_29 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

7guy
Contributor
Contributor
Dozens of PayPal customers have recently been notified that they can no longer use PayPal, most have already contacted customer service, all told they would get answers from their supervisor. All told to refer to customer agreement which consist of thousands of words but nothing specific. I just want to know what I suppose to have done. Has to be a mistake, I have been an eBay / PayPal customer for over 20 years and never a problem.
Login to Me Too

watchthewatches
Contributor
Contributor

my more funny, i just register few days ago, and after i finish setting up my shopify store, and wanna filll in company account, and found out my account can no longger use. i confuse.....why i didnt use at all after submition of all document.

Login to Me Too

sagar34
Contributor
Contributor
bro i don't use Twitter and Facebook . there is any mail id of paypal. or any other to contact them . Please tell me
Login to Me Too

tamcalvano
Contributor
Contributor

Hi -  I received a notice this morning "You can no longer do business with PayPal" but with no information about why or how it could be resolved.  I called the Paypal support and they said they did not know why I would receive this....not really much help.

I rarely use the account in the past year I have only sent money to 1 person and have received small payments from Google Rewards for doing some of their surveys.   About a month ago I also opened a separate business account that shares my name and phone number but has a different email address.  That account has not been fully setup yet (no bank information and no payments sent or received, it is really just to have for future use).

If I can't get an explanation for why my personal account would be getting closed out then there is no way I could confidently use the other account to conduct transactions for my business.  I would just like to know what triggered the limitation, if there is something else going on fraduently I'd like to know so I can make sure no other bank accounts or credit cards I have are being negatively attacked.

So...how do I realistically go about finding out what caused this and get it resolved if it is even possible?

Thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tamcalvano 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary....in other words they do not give you an exact reason, they just direct you to the user agreement or acceptable use policy. I guess having a reason wouldn't make any difference if they have permanently banned you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tamcalvano
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I guess them regularly do reviews it would explain why there are a handful of posts similar to mine this morning mentioning the sudden unexplained email from Paypal.

The entire email was this:

After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it.

You'll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal.

Based on this decision, if applicable, you are no longer eligible for PayPal Seller Protection as per our User Agreement. You'll also be charged a High Volume Dispute fee based on your activity for all existing and future cases you receive.

Any bank or credit card information that's linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be added to another account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive money.

If you have funds in your PayPal balance, we'll hold it for up to 180 days. After that period, we'll email you with information on how to access your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Just wanted to add an edit here that if I go to the paypal site and look at the notification there the wording is a bit different.  It does mention this:

"At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services."

I read through the User Agreement and still not seeing anything about getting paid by a few small transactions by Google Rewards 

So no real pointing me to the User Agreement other then saying if it applicable for seller protection (and in my case it is not).  I also did not have a balance in my account, so I don't really care about they not allowing money to be taken out.  But I guess the main point of the email "After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it." is where I have the question...if I did violate their policy I would just like to know why since I'm unaware of anything I did and I would know going forward for any other service that I use that some action I did was suspect (maybe they really don't like those 7 $2 payouts I got from google reward).  Or if there was some sort of fradulent activity happening being attempted with my account I would appreciate I know so I can head off any bigger issues that might be brewing.

It also seems like a rather harsh transition from no warning or questioning of activity to just saying sorry you are cut off....I mean honestly, again, I just used it for google rewards payments, this isn't a big deal for me other then I know I will close out the account I also had open for my business just because if I can't get an explanation ther why would I bother risking it for something more valuable?  They obviously weren't making any money off of me with my very small use...but now they do cut off any revnue (even though it isn't even a blip in their world) that they could have picked up from my business transactions.

Login to Me Too

tamcalvano
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to provide a follow up here incase anyone comes across this post.

There was certainly more to it then @kernowlass suggested that I must have done something wrong and there was nothing more I could do if I was permanantly banned...it seems like a canned response that user provides to get credit for lots of posts...

Anyway, I opened a complaint through the better business bureau with the details of the situation.  After a few weeks Paypal reached out to me saying they would review the case.  This was more then I was able to get by just contacting customer support (through facebook or by phone).  The review ended up with a request to provided photo id, proof of address, and further details on 3 of the transactions on my account.  As I mentioned in my original post, those transactions where all for very low amounts (less then $2.50) and all came from Google Rewards Surveys.  Once I provided the documents and explanation of the transactions later that same day access to my account was restored.  So I did not break the terms of service, but those transactions were flagged I suppose on the frequency and the ony thing I used the paypal account for.

If you find yourself in a similar situation with no explanation I suggest you head over to the better business bureau and submit a report, you will have a better chance at getting a resolution then looking for answers on this board or reaching out directly to customer support.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.