You can no longer use PayPal

bananasmoothie
Contributor
Contributor

I just made my paypal account and I have the following in the notifications:

"After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You can't conduct any further business using PayPal."

When I click see details the following appears:

"You can no longer use PayPal

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We've noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with our User Agreement and therefore can no longer offer you PayPal services.

Based on this decision, if applicable, you're no longer eligible for Seller Protection as per our User Agreement. This will apply to all existing and future cases you receive.

Bank account and card information linked to your PayPal account can't be removed or used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we'll email instructions on how to transfer your money."

I have verified my identity but I am basically locked out. I don't understand why this is. I haven't done anything wrong or devious.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bananasmoothie 

Email PayPal customer services in the “Submitting a complaint or dispute” section from the email address you signed up with:

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#account-statements

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.