Xoom, PayPal verified daylight robbery service

Mesi92
Contributor
Contributor
Hey everyone. First of all, the thousands of one star reviews for Xoom, a (proud) paypal service wasn't enough, but I firsthand have been experiencing these two horrible companies actively steal my money. I stupidly used this service to send money to a friend from UK to UK. They said minutes, but then asked for ID, we sent the ID, and they said completed. We waited days, nothing. Got statement from recipient's bank, stamped and verified, sent to customer service of xoom. Nothing, generic emails, saying they are investigating. I opened a dispute, heard nothing back. I waited until. PayPal emailed me, that they will close the case on 1 September if I don't escalate it. I immediately escalated it before 1 September but now they say in the resolution centre that the case was already closed on 30 August. How funny is that? Just trying to cover for Xoom. I would normally not bother waiting a month for anything to happen but the amount is high. Today xoom emailed me saying they have verified the documents and released the transaction that they said was COMPLETED a month ago. And that I should be getting a notification shortly. And as always, nothing. PayPal won't let me open another dispute, there's only two options there: unauthorised activity and billing issue. I've had it with this company like the thousands of other people. Like honestly PayPal, how shameless can you be. I am so glad ebay dropped you. Once this is sorted, I'll move my balance elsewhere and close PayPal for good.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.