Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Its me again. not sure where it post this, but I wanted to let you know that paypal DID refund my money after some persistance. I found that once paypal requested that the item be returned, I could no longer reply back to paypal about the situation. so I talked to a paypal virtual agent instead. I am going to try and paste the conversation below in case it might help others in the same situation.

PayPal Virtual Agent

1:47 AM

Hi! I'm your PayPal Assistant. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund".

If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent.

Amy <removed>

please transfer me to an agent

PayPal Virtual Agent

All our agents are currently offline.

I can transfer this conversation to them and they will respond when they are back in the office.

Our customer service staffing is limited due to the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis. We've put together some useful information in the Help Center to quickly resolve your issue. I'll stay here while you take a look.

After I transfer the conversation, you can close the window and come back to it when it’s convenient for you. When we respond, we’ll send you a notification with a link to the Message Center where you can reply.

Would you like to transfer this conversation to an agent?

Amy <removed>

Yes

PayPal Virtual Agent

Please send us a detailed message below and an agent will respond as soon as possible. If you have a related transaction ID, date, and amount, please include it here.

Amy <removed>

1:52 AM

I started a case with the resolution center. I have been waiting and waiting for an item to arrive that I ordered. It was shipped from China. It finally arrived but the company sent the wrong item. I sent pictures as proof. The company now says that they will issue a refund once I return the item. It costs over $40 to return this item to China and I do not feel that I should have to pay return shipping fees since they sent the wrong item. They can either pay the return shipping costs since it was their error or they can resend the correct item. There is no place for me to respond to them on the resolution center, only a place to send the shipping information. I need to speak with an agent please. I feel this is fraud on the companys part and paypal is suppossed to protect customers. This company sent the wrong item but I have to pay to return? please contact me. 

You are now connected to Ana

Ana

2:56 PM

Hello Amy! Sadly we cannot force the seller to pay for the return shipping costs. However, we do have a return shipping reimbursement program that you can sign up for at paypal.com/returns for up to $30 in reimbursement for the shipping costs. To enroll in Return Shipping on Us, please visit: www.PayPal.com/Returns.

Amy <removed>

2:34 PM

They sent me the wrong item. If you check the community board messages, you will see they do this often. sending the wrong items and then only offering a refund if the wrong item gets returned which they know often costs a huge amount of money. where is the buyer protection? They sent me the wrong item. I feel they should have to resend the correct one. This was THEIR mistake.

You are now connected to Hannah

Hannah

3:28 PM

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused, Amy. I've reviewed the details and closed the case in your favor without having to return the incorrect item. The $20.98 refund has been sent to your card ending in xx. It typically takes 3-5 business days for a card provider to process a refund. I'm glad I could resolve this case for you!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can. If there is nothing else, have a great rest of your day!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

MC1905
Contributor
Contributor
If its not sorted we will have to do all the necessary action whatever it takes! It looks like pattern on their service to con people by showing something on their advert and supplying totally a cheap product and making an offer you to keep that with little refund due to Covid19 shipment restrictions and long distance return blackmail!
Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

I wrongly thought that <removed> were supposed to be on our side. 

Login to Me Too

philroller
Caught out just the same. Advertised excellent digital powered air pump with a lot of technology and sent a bicycle pump instead. Offered half refund, joke. Yes I returned the junk, paying over £10 to do so. Refused to pay more to register tracking, but did obtain and photograph proof of postage that I was not getting back. Case now closed and the fraudsters have got away with it. Disgusting and PayPal have let them do this many times before according to this forum. Shame on you PayPal, if I could find an alternative I would close my PayPal account. I literally use PayPal for all my on line purchases. No support.
Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
There are other companies doing the same thing. I was scammed in a similar way by Longruian Electronic Commerce Commerce LTD and so far it seems they are going to be successful in stealing my money. The sad thing is that PAYPAY should know what is going on and keeps helping these companies steal money from hard working people. This should be elevated. PayPal should ban these companies! They should be in jail or something!!!! What can be done to stop these people for getting their way with stealing money?!?!!
Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

I've currently got a dispute open with this exact seller for the exact same reason.

Seller is actively abusing pay-pal's buyer protection policy as far as I can tell.

Ordered item does not arrive. Seller sends 50 cent unrelated garbage item instead.
Conversed with seller directly at first, seller wants me to send "incorrect" item back which is obviously astronmically expensive to China. (2x total value of claim for me)
Alternatively offers a 50% refund without sending item back, this probably prevents a lot of people from filing complaints with paypal to begin with.
It's a **bleep** offer though because the item that was sent is litterally pennies and AFAIK they don't have any real shipping costs either.

By all accounts Pay-Pal also wants you to to send the incorrect item back eventually, I have yet to get there.
Obviously this is never in any way financially viable. 
Seller wins.
And if you take their rediculous 50% offer (50% of the item, mind, this doesn't include "shipping cost" you paid) they won't even have a score on their PP account either.

This has been going on for a long time now if my Google results are anything to go by, it's impossible Pay Pal is not aware of this.

I'm "only" 25 dollars down the hatch here so my interest isn't even really getting my money back at this point, I just want Pay-Pal to act because this incidident will actively stop me buying anything with paypal ever again as it breaks the whole basis I use them for. 

A creditcard payment I could've easily disputed myself here.

Login to Me Too

mdl65
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed, I’m going back to the credit card where you actually get the protection that is promised. I’m done will PayPal, they’re as bad as the scammers for allowing this to happen - no protection
Login to Me Too

marette

I'm feeling the same.

Always thought that Paypal was the ultimate 'Buyer protection' way to pay for anything online.

We were ripped off with online fraudulent festival tickets a few years ago....paid with credit card.

Repaid at the gate, and once we got back home, I went to the bank with the fraud emails for tickets, repaid tickets and explained to the customer service rep....She took all the details and BANG....a week or so later, the initial payment was returned to the account.

Login to Me Too

Daniel976
Contributor
Contributor
This is seller abuse, and I am certain PayPal is aware. Based on hundreds of these same type complaints, there is no way that PayPal is unaware. This is probably the main reason why they have downsized customer service and are using automated ( probably someone in the Philippines) to "solve" these issues. The whole thing is a lucrative scam, and I am sure there are people on both sides benefiting from the scam. I am only using my bank for any online transactions now. Once I get my disputes addressed, my PayPal account will only be used to help other people not fall for these elaborate scams.
Login to Me Too

Nadeleine
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly, now day, it seems 99% seller from China offer those kind of business practice in this US land.  Everyone should aware of these cases.  I do same as other stop to use Paypal with stranged sellers accept ebay and US eCommerce company/sellers .   I encourage everyone should report, step up and speak up to send warning to US consumers to prevent to be take advantage by those kind of business.   Thank you to sending a warning to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.