Wrong product

Smileyogrady
Contributor
Contributor

I had ordered a packar from China, the complete wrong item was delivered and I disputed it within 7 days of receiving it to PayPal, I was in constant email contact with the seller offering me less than 50% of what I paid , but I did not want this, I was not in the wrong. However I then received a mail from PayPal after so many days saying I didnt reply and the case was closed, I then sent PayPal proof I was in contact with the company but have heard nothing back, its the principle of the issue as the seller tried to say these plastic needs on a wrist band were worth a lot of money,what a crock of s..., anyway I've heard nothing from PayPal since and I want my money returned as this is the reason I started using PayPal in the first place.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smileyogrady 

The dispute stage is for you to try and resolve things with the seller, if they don't respond / refund / or you don't get your item then you can escalate the dispute to a claim for paypal to get involved.

You have up to 20 days after opening the dispute to escalate it to a claim, but if you do not do so then it will auto-close. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Smileyogrady
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I replied 3 times to the supplier, but then I got an email from PayPal saying my time had lapsed as I didnt have contact with the supplier, I sent them the emails sent back to replied and have heard nothing since, I really do hate it when this type of thing happens, so I am looking at my options to get my money back from PayPal now as it's the main reason I use them is to protect myself
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smileyogrady 

So you didn't escalate the dispute to a claim in time then?

Why not?

If the seller did not respond or resolve anything then you escalate it to paypal for them to sort, if you don't it times out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.