Wrong item description fraud, how to prevent?

maftunbek
New Community Member

Hello, 

I've recently sold the luxury bag to a buyer, and all the conversation was done through WhatsApp messenger, I've described the item, sent the pictures and gift wrapped as per customer's request, but I forgot to add items description on invoice and just requested the money directly through paypal, I shipped the item, but now I'm concerned what if the buyer receives the item claims it doesn't match the description and tries to get a refund, in that case can WhatsApp conversation between me and the buyer serve as a prove?

Though I know the buyer must return the bag to me, which would be fine if it wasn't luxury bag, because buyer can send back the fake item to me, so what steps I can take to protect myself?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maftunbek 

Whatapp would not be considered proof, you should always put a full description of the item on the invoice really.

Sadly if a buyer files a dispute for not as described the risk is that they will win and send you a fake bag.  ☹️

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.