Wrong address given

Baicu_Rares
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, have a quick question,

If I want to sell something, and the buyer sent me an address when we spoke but he has another one when he did the payment on Paypal, what should I do, send that to the Paypal address or the address he sent me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Baicu_Rares 

You only have seller protection if you send to the buyers paypal registered address at the time of payment. If the buyer wanted it sent to another address they had the option to 'add' that other address as a gift address on their paypal account and then select it during checkout when paying for your item.

I would contact the buyer and explain you can't send to the other address and offer to refund them instead so they can do as I explained above.

However any fee you were charged is not returned as part of that refund so you may want to part refund minus the fee as it was the buyers error. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Baicu_Rares 

You only have seller protection if you send to the buyers paypal registered address at the time of payment. If the buyer wanted it sent to another address they had the option to 'add' that other address as a gift address on their paypal account and then select it during checkout when paying for your item.

I would contact the buyer and explain you can't send to the other address and offer to refund them instead so they can do as I explained above.

However any fee you were charged is not returned as part of that refund so you may want to part refund minus the fee as it was the buyers error. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Baicu_Rares
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much mate, really apreciated, I somehow knew that but wasnt sure, I was scammed before and I decided to be more careful next time

Login to Me Too

WingedWolfPsion
Contributor
Contributor

Ask more questions.  I'm currently having an issue where I've just moved, and I changed my addresses on PayPal, but it's still giving my old address to sellers when I use it to pay for things!  Ask why the address he's giving you is different.  There are other ways to make sure the item you sent is secure, such as simply using USPS security measures.

Login to Me Too

MelH999
New Community Member
Have you been able to resolve this issue please
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.