Win potential chargeback case

hforn
Contributor
Contributor

I’m concerned about potential chargeback from a difficult customer I had done IT work for. What proof do I need to better my chance of winning chargeback case?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hforn 

A chargeback is not a paypal dispute its a dispute done directly via the buyers credit card company as they would have funded their paypal payment that way.

So to fight it your best bet is to read up on Paypals seller protection policy to see what you need to do to meet that protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hforn 

A chargeback is not a paypal dispute its a dispute done directly via the buyers credit card company as they would have funded their paypal payment that way.

So to fight it your best bet is to read up on Paypals seller protection policy to see what you need to do to meet that protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

escudo
Contributor
Contributor

The seller Protection is only available on USA. But even so, as it is written: "Seller Protection doesn’t cover buyer claims for items received that are ‘Significantly Not As Described (SNAD)’";

So it is very easy to a buyer to Scam with Paypal.

My advise: try to get the itens as soon as possible, otherwise you will loose everything.

It happened with me. The scammer after receiving the money from the ChargeBack claimed that the money was blocked on the bank.

Login to Me Too

escudo
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is made for customers. Sellers always lose on chargeback.

I got one chargeback. I lost the itens, the money and i had to pay tax and lost a lot of time.

I do not recommed Paypal for receiving money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@escudo 

Buyer AND seller protection is available in every country where paypal operates and NOT just in the U.S.

Terms and conditions apply as per each policy in paypals user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.