Will Paypal send me an email to withdraw my funds?

Mohammad103
Contributor
Contributor

My account got permanently limited a few days back. I was just wondering what the specific limitations are. For example, the email they sent me said ‘’contact us to withdraw your funds’’. I also asked customer service about this and they said they’ll send an email when my money is able to be withdrawn. I have a few questions about how the specific process works. I have 7000 dollars on my Paypal and I’ll definitely not be using it again in the future as soon as the money is out. How will the withdrawing process work and I know it will take 180 days to be withdrawn. Will they send an email and do I have to show valid photo ID? People who have gotten their money withdrawn after 180 days. Please fill me in.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohammad103 

180 days meaning after the day you were first permanently limited but in some cases, it could be held longer by PayPal where required there is a special circumstance (ie. court orders, legal process, applicable law, regulatory requirements, etc). There are stories of people waiting beyond 180 days for sure but who really knows for sure—some people forget, lost track of the 180 days, give up out of frustration then come back months and months and months later to try again to withdrawal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohammad103 

PayPal will email you when it is ok to withdraw as long as you weren’t permanently limited because of violating the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). PayPal levies liquidated damages on your balance for this: $2500 per violation, which can wipe out some or all of your balance. They do not give you a heads up, they just debit it from your balance before the 180 days are up. They presume you’ve read the User agreement/AUP policy and know the actions they will take. You’ll log on one day and the balance be gone or shrunk. The permanent limitation email or account alert/notification will mention whether or not violating AUP is the reason for your permanent limitation.

That said, when it is ok to withdraw, link a bank or Visa card to withdraw if you haven’t already or just make the withdrawal. If you get an error message, contact customer service to assist. They may need to verify your identity again or simply enable the withdraw functionality for you. If you still get an error message, wait 72 hours (do not log in or anything) and then try again. If problems persists, reach out to customer service again.

Contact customer service:

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

Click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

Mohammad103
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I’m glad the I actually read the users agreement and I’m 99% I haven’t done anything wrong (remaining 1% because you never really know when it comes to these things). Also, does the 180 days mean after your last transfer received from your bank or something else? The main reason my Paypal account got limited was because I couldn’t verify the CIP in Canada. Which means they couldn’t verify my POA or ID. I’m scared to think if they request a valid photo ID, they wouldn’t be able to verify that either. I’ve heard people that Paypal likes to hold on to your money as long as possible. Any comment on this, I really want to know as soon as possible so I can withdraw. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohammad103 

180 days meaning after the day you were first permanently limited but in some cases, it could be held longer by PayPal where required there is a special circumstance (ie. court orders, legal process, applicable law, regulatory requirements, etc). There are stories of people waiting beyond 180 days for sure but who really knows for sure—some people forget, lost track of the 180 days, give up out of frustration then come back months and months and months later to try again to withdrawal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.