Why was my Claim denied

Boobooboo1
New Community Member
This is ridiculous! Can someone please tell me why my case was denied? I ordered a vacuum online. The my total was $97. I even have a screenshot of the transaction. But when I check my PayPal they charged me for $113. Immediately I knew there was something wrong. I file a case, even sent a picture of the transaction but it was deny. I got an update from USPS that the "item" was delivered. I wasn't home at the time but when I got home there was no package. I check my front door security camera and there was no package delivered at all. Called PayPal to dispute the case but they deny it again saying the seller provided a "tracking" number. Wtf PayPal. Right from the start I already informed you that it might be fraudulent because of the wrong charge! So much for buyer protection. What can I do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Boobooboo1 

On occasion, the final charge may differ due to adjustments made on such things as inventory availability, sales taxes, shipping & handling, gratuities, misc charges for hotels stays, etc depending on the business model.

You case was denied because seller provided proof of delivery with tracking number displaying a “delivered” status for your item not received case.

The fake tracking number issue, go to USPS PO near you with the tracking number get it checked to see if it was shipped to you, even check the weight of the package, service level (priority mail, first class, etc) and get in writing that for said tracking number, your said address was not the shipping address on record, nor was it delivered to your said address, any and all discrepancies with a phone number for PayPal to call to confirm. File an ic3.gov report. Pdf it all into one file (use MS Word, drag n drop images of documents into it, include an explanation of the case) and upload to the case on appeal by contacting customer service as the forums doesn’t handle specific account issues.

If they refuse to overturn the case, file a complaint with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA or file a chargeback through your card issuer if you paid with card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Boobooboo1 

On occasion, the final charge may differ due to adjustments made on such things as inventory availability, sales taxes, shipping & handling, gratuities, misc charges for hotels stays, etc depending on the business model.

You case was denied because seller provided proof of delivery with tracking number displaying a “delivered” status for your item not received case.

The fake tracking number issue, go to USPS PO near you with the tracking number get it checked to see if it was shipped to you, even check the weight of the package, service level (priority mail, first class, etc) and get in writing that for said tracking number, your said address was not the shipping address on record, nor was it delivered to your said address, any and all discrepancies with a phone number for PayPal to call to confirm. File an ic3.gov report. Pdf it all into one file (use MS Word, drag n drop images of documents into it, include an explanation of the case) and upload to the case on appeal by contacting customer service as the forums doesn’t handle specific account issues.

If they refuse to overturn the case, file a complaint with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA or file a chargeback through your card issuer if you paid with card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.