Why is Yodlee accessing my bank account (that is connected to PayPal) once a day at various times?

DLWTexas
New Community Member

Over the past several weeks I have noticed almost daily access to bank account.    After working and researching with my bank's fraud department and changing all access credentials, they identified the perpetrator IP addresses as a company called Yodlee.    Upon further research Yodlee is a platform service provider for PayPal and many other banking / financial services companies.     I have since removed all banking details from my PayPal account and will determine in the coming weeks if this access from Yodlee has ceased.    PayPal indicated that their only use of Yodlee services is when a PayPal account  holder first enters their bank account information on the PayPal platform.   They went on to say that they do use Yodlee services with each PayPal transaction.    If this is true that is even more concerning.     Has anyone experienced similar access attempts to their bank accounts which have been added to a PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DLWTexas 

At least it is Yodlee, a company admittedly employed by PayPal to verify bank accounts and transactions. It’d be concerning if it’s an unknown IP. In the user agreement, PayPal mentions that third parties are used to facilitate transactions on PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.